Divorce in the most hateful way

Well, my wife and I came to the point, we cannot keep going on together, but she stabbed me in the back with her actions.

Since I came to Taiwan, I let her control money and my credit cards which is the biggest mistake I have done, at the beginning, I worked and still work so hard to afford the best. After the birth of our kid, she became a different person, more cold, knowing that I was helping the max that I could.

when I took my credit cards back, she becomes so mean to me

She asked for divorce and we agreed verbally but then she hired a lawyer, then I received a letter contains the following:

1/ she said I need to pay her 45% of my salary+ the whole salary of my freelance

2/ she proclaimed I assaulted her in 2021, and she sent picures: ( She assaulted me too and have pictures as well) luckily saved them

3/ She sent a picture of a mask she said has lipstick of other woman and a hair that doesnt belong to her

4/ I mistakenly uses a black and white envelope that I had no clue that they use it for funeral to put money inside to give her to pay the things she needs: She takes picture of that envelope and put in the file

5/ She put some pictures of the kitchen claiming i throw a very hot soup towards her and which is not true, if yes, she could call the police then.

I wrote her recently that she needs to send me money that we kept last few years, atleast half, but She doesnt, she writes that she is scared of me.

this is happened and we still living in the same house, paying for everything, peaceful, enjoy with the kid, going outside together, till I received what i mentioned above from the court, I was under shock, she kept asking me to sznd her money to pay the car and other stuff after this.

I dont know what to do?

I cannot find a lawyer who speaks English to show him papers I received and I dont know the fees.

If someone has been through the same, please need a consultation

When you started physically fighting that was the time to separate.

But her actions do sound quite…cold and calculating.

1 Like

Here you go! This is my lawyer and he speaks English fluently.

11 Likes

i asked and printed the paper, but she refused so many times claiming that this kinda dispute is normal, but in her mind she had other plans

I’m sorry but this funny. Who is going to do extra freelance work to just give it all away to the ex lol

5 Likes

Very sad to hear. I guess the rest can only be resolved in court. Aside from money, the most important thing is that all this drama doesn’t affect you spending time with your kid.

1 Like

well, she is using the kid because she knows I am so attached to, but as you said, who does that. She only talks about money without caring about the kid, she tried to be so mean to me front him to make a negative reaction but her plan is revealed now

2 Likes

I hope so, the issue is that I agreed for everything and she accepted the deal we made, but am surprised receiving those shocking papers

17 posts were split to a new topic: How to handle money in a relationship

forgot to mention that i had cash at the moment paid from school, and give to her, when I got a legal job with a school that requires a bank account, I gave her the card,

4 years: give her cash+ the money sent by parents that I teach online ( around 20 stundents)

2 Likes

well guys my query is, what is your interpretation after yhe judge will hear and see this??

divorce gonna occur, but then what? under these circumstances

That’s her point , he wouldn’t so she wants him to suffer.

3 Likes

I think the best person to ask is the lawyer that Marco posted.

Well… you definitely learnt a big lesson in life. Something a lot on these forums ought to learn from you

2 Likes

I moved a few posts to dating & relationships. In this thread in legal please everyone concentrate on the legal topics the OP is wondering about:

3 Likes

This picture should be pinned to the top of the home page of the forum, to save people from creating new topics and asking. :joy:

9 Likes

I actually use the exact same source in every post. It’s not a new upload. It’s the same file every time.

Saving site bandwidth!

4 Likes

I shall ask the lawyer if he wants to advertise on Forumosa. Payment is a monthly six pack Taipi for Marco and tempogain :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Mods are allowed to campaign. I don’t have anything to campaign with. So I come with the lawyer and CPA to help out others. The added business usually lets me waste time asking questions and picking their brains that I end up divulging over here anyways.

2 Likes

To OP

BEFORE signing the divorce agreement, you should have the provisions regarding visits, child support, division of assets, etc. If you sign and this is not agreed on, it is too late. You lose all: kids, house, money.

Visits are already hard to enforce.

And also for top of the page: do not put your assets, home, work in your Taiwanese spouse name only. Keep record of payments you made, payments they made. Get counseling before blows start flying.

12 Likes

rather than then what, what now? stop posting (everything, but especially thinks like apparently admitting to a physical assault) and talking to a lawyer is now what.

4 Likes