Do posters on forumosa represent (US) expats on Taiwan?

I don’t hate Trump, I don’t think he’s a good role model or the right choice for a President of the US personally. I’m not American so it’s really not a big deal for me at the end of the day unless he starts messing with my homeland or my adopted homeland.

There’s a LOT of evidence that Russian hacking teams coordinated by Russian intelligence services have infiltrated recent elections in the West. FancyBear is well known. That goes for the US elections and also the recent Brexit vote. Their favourite tool for disinformation is Facebook of course.

The only real point of contention is if Trump was in anyway connected with any of that stuff. Also there is quite likely to be sone blackmail material available of Trump as he has been tracked by Russian and Eastern European intelligence services (partly through his ex wife , FACT, and also from his visits to Moscow) for many decades. Note he is extremely reluctant to cross any lines with Putin. Check out when he visited Finland …He was Putin’s bitch.

SMELLS BAD…

“During today’s meeting I addressed the issue of Russian interference in our elections. I felt this was a message best delivered in person,” Mr Trump told a joint news conference.

Trump in Helsinki …

“Spent a great deal of time talking about it, and President Putin may very well want to address it and very strongly. He feels very strongly about it and he has an interesting idea,” he said without elaborating."

" On a day when the US president faced pressure from critics, allied countries and even his own staff to take a tough line, Mr Trump said not a single critical word about Moscow on any of the issues that have brought relations between the two powers to the lowest ebb since the Cold War.

Instead, he denounced the “stupidity” of his own country’s policy, especially the decision to investigate election interference."

if the average American can go to bed at night and not worry about these things, then shouldn’t the average non-American too?

Personally I’d never support a leader that I suspect is compromised and somebody’s bitch.

are you into S&M?
you like that term a lot in your arguments

Hope it’s a new Trumpism. :grin:

Countries meddling I think overall in any other countries elections we should agree is a bad thing. I don’t doubt Russia was meddling, with bots to create chaos, I have no trouble believing they hacked Podesta and for arguments sake even the DNC.

If they do or dont have blackmail material, I don’t know. Right from the beginning I have said “I wouldn’t be surprised”. Probably why team Clinton and Obama decided to put together a dossier on all his Russian connections. Dig deep and long enough and they will get pay dirt. So far they seem to be coming up short, doesn’t mean it’s not there though.

You seem to have completely ignored the role of the Obama admin, team Clinton , Fusion GPS and the heads of the CIA/DOJ/FBI and five eyes intelligence community. Or do you just ignore that or pretend none of it is real and more far right conspiracy theories?

I don’t have an opinion on the other stuff. But I have followed Russian meddling quite closely for a couple of years, they have a very well funded and capable hacking unit that has interfered in US, UK, German and I’m sure other Western elections also. There is no doubt about this and I think Western govts need to start taking a really hard-line on that.

1 Like

Wow. We found something to agree on.

The unit also goes by the name Pawn Storm, and a bunch of other names, very real and do a ton of damage.

2 Likes

By the way I have a small amount of sympathy for Trump if he is compromised, there are probably loads of pols and business leaders with dossiers on them.
This stuff is far more effective held over somebody’s head rather than ever seeing the light of day.

Because those were NOT life time appointments!

You mean like Obama?

1 Like

Do you really need to ask this question? Listen to him speaking, I implore you to listen to the words that come out of his hideous mouth. At least Hitler had sound grammar.

Tge list of qualitied sumpreme court justices is small. He’s done his job, and he’s been clean of any shady things for decades. Has he been found guilty of anything? What’s the issue?

Did you really just make this argument? Trump is worse than Hitler because Hitler had better grammar? This really gives new meaning to the term “grammar Nazi.” :hushed:

4 Likes

So he isn’t the most eloquent speaker. That’s his most heinous offense to you lol I’ve never attributed eloquence in speech to him. But he is good at speaking, probably just not in a way you are used to for a politician. Which is why he won partly.

I think the average American who isn’t on the coast relate to him more. He found those people and bet that he would win with their support.

I’ve already said he is petty and childish at times. I said the same thing, he can say some moronic things. But like what has he done with the executive powers given to him being democratically elected that’s so bad.

1 Like

Like, you seriously mean this? I think(maybe not in tw) but in most English classes in Europe you would be corrected if you talked or wrote like him in exams. It is incoherent and often jumping from topic to topic without any clear line of argument.

I will just put this short quote bellow, quick google for trump incoherent talk.

How would you grade the bellow answer if you were a teacher ?

Blockquote Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, okay, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, okay, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right — who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

You’re looking at this from an elitist mindset. The speeches he gives at his rallies are finely-honed stand-up routines. This is why his rallies are always packed to the point where thousands of people can’t even get seats and have to watch on large screens outside the venue.

2 Likes

Being good at public speaking is about getting the crowd into it. He does that. All the more impressive without being politician like.

2 Likes

Wasn’t #44 famous for his endless “UHHHHM” at each public speech ?_?

1 Like

Well, he was great at reading off a teleprompter, so there’s that.