Do posters on forumosa represent (US) expats on Taiwan?

Nobody said you can’t dislike it. I dislike plenty of religions. But you don’t see me making an entire thread for the express purpose of shitting on one of them in particular.

From your own thread. You admitted that don’t know that much about it. You just hate it. So? You really had to make a whole thread about how much you hate something? I just don’t see the point.

This forum is for discussing things. Why should that topic be off limits?

2 Likes

You don’t like anti semantites. Why did you make a whole thread about it? I don’t like them either. We can discuss it?

1 Like

But seriously, mods, can you please get a grip on what’s being posted on this forum?

It is not conducive for anyone to allow conspiracy theories and/or insunstions to be allowed.

It’s one thing to allow discussion concerning tax policy or immigration policy, but to have posters arguing conspiracy theories about lock her up Hillary financing it is quite something else

Anti-semitism is not a religion. Religion, when done properly, can still be beneficial to a society, can still give people a path to self-betterment. Anti-semitism is purely destructive.

And who on earth actually likes anti-semites…

So why is religion off limits? Compared to other views. Who’s to say what’s properly?

We discuss because we believe there is truth to be found. Something is true. Some things are not.

How can not liking a religion be “hateful”?

I never said it should be off-limits. In the end, I don’t really care what he posts or what kind of person he chooses to reveal himself to be.

I just find it mind-boggling that posts made purely out of spite for something can still get hundreds of responses. My original point was that the popularity of the thread speaks to the overall demographics of this forum, that entire threads based on being hateful can fly here.

To add to my previous post,

I do think People should be allowed to think whatever they want, but this constant stream of info wars pollutes the forum

The amount of conspiracy theories is off putting, if you got members who all the time advance “alternative facts” it is detrimental to the discourse

2 Likes

You can dislike a religion without making hateful statements like “it is disgusting.”

You suggested it shouldn’t have a thread to discuss it. If that’s not off-limits, what is it? Why do you think criticism of something is “purely out of spite”?

Yeah and if you just respond with WTF or FTS
You post will be deleted cause it doesn’t contain enough deep shit.

1 Like

Did I? Although I probably would describe aspects of Islamic law in that way.

1 Like

So Aztecs doing human sacrifice. It’s ok? Or you’re going to teach them to do it properly?

I personally think it’s a pointless thread. What I’m amazed about is that so many people don’t seem to think it’s pointless, since they choose to interact with it again and again. Like I said, its popularity says something to me about the forum at large.

What exactly is anyone hoping to achieve with a thread about how much they don’t like something?

What do you hope to achieve on any opinions you post?

There’s scholars who dedicate their whole lives to the study of religion. I suppose it’s pointless to understand it?

Unless you think all religions are true?

The Islam thread could be controversial. I would like to see some Muslims post on it to give their side of the story. They will feel outnumbered which is unfortunate I guess.

But I’m waiting for them to really explain the whole death to apostates, blasphemers, adulters , infidels thing. As adherents to that religion they surely can explain why it makes sense ?

2 Likes

You do you, I guess. I sure wouldn’t want to display my hateful opinions for all to see, but if you don’t mind doing that, okay.

Scholars are capable of having informed discussions that don’t revolve around their personal opinions.

“Deep shit”, vs it was funded and planned by Soros …