Do posters on forumosa represent (US) expats on Taiwan?

So only scholars are allowed to discuss it? No one else is capable of making it?

No, but Leave alternative facts out

You can discuss it. I just think it’s distasteful the way you’re doing it, and the way everyone else joined in to diss it together. When you really know nothing about it.

Lol what. I know nothing about it? No one knows unless they’re a scholar right?

So you still didn’t answer my question. Human sacrifice? Can I say I dislike a religion because they believe in human sacrifice? Or am I not enough of a scholar to come to that conclusion?

Really feels like you’re the one that doesn’t know anything about it.

No one here really knows what they’re talking about. You said so yourself that you don’t know that much about Islam. I doubt you’ve learned that much more since.

People do violent shit everywhere, whether religion is involved or not. I personally would dislike the person or group doing it and justifying it via religion before I went and condemned an entire religion.

But like I said, you do you. Y’all just keep on hating.

Except for you right?

Please tell us how religion should be practice properly like you said.

Why did you think so from @Hanna’s posts ?

She made a self refuting statement.

She knows that no one knows about anything

Actually I have read a lot about what’s happening in countries with creeping islamification e.g. Bangladesh and Pakistan and Indonesia. My main sources are mainstream newspapers.

Seems to know a lot. @henkka01 are you a scholar?

Just a slight clarification Brian, these places were already predominately Islamic, I think you mean Salafi/Wahabbi branch of Sunni Islam and the kind of sharia law it imposes, correct?

I think this much is pretty obvious to most people, but thanks for the compliment.

Islam in those countries is increasingly becoming the only acceptable religion and to even question a Muslim, if you are a non Muslim, means you can be accused of blasphemy (if there even any oblique reference to God , the Koran, or even if there isn’t mention and they just accuse you) !

If you are a Muslim and admit to being an atheist it’s practically a death sentence.

Now there’s a Christian in Pakistan who has been sentenced to death for blasphemy. Polls say the majority of Pakistanis support this.

I think she included herself in people hee. Though here are at least one forumosan from Pakistan and iirc a poster who said being a Muslim joined the thread, and they would know more on Islamic people more than most of other posters.

This is all true. I wanted to make a distinction though, Islam has many interpretations. The strictest and harshest is the Saudi form of Wahhabi Sunni type of Islamic belief system. There is a great deal of conflict within the Islamic world due to just this and I agree it is spreading. In all the places you just mentioned.

1 Like

Are all countries and religions equal? I think not. Some also have strong religious backgrounds but can examine their own societies, have a peaceful debate and realise church and state have no business being mixed together.

1 Like

I’m waiting for an Indonesian Muslim to justify this.

So she doesn’t know no one knows anything? Which is it? How would she know we don’t know if she herself doesn’t know?

If I say Islam is bad, she says I don’t know Islam. She must know about Islam to say I don’t know.

must she?

How do you know when religion is done properly results in

1. Benefits to society
  2. Give a path to something

And who is the one that determines when it’s done properly?

I’m sitting next to an islam apostate, says he hate Islam. Does he know?