Do posters on forumosa represent (US) expats on Taiwan?

was it that rowland guy?

(semi-serious question)

1 Like

My advice

Mute the Politics topic (unsubscribe from it).

5 Likes

In the immortal words of Rodney King “can’t we all just get along?”

2 Likes

Its hard to get along with people in the politics forums when they advocate dropping people out of helicopters because they are of a different political persuasion.

Being anonymous doesn’t mean you have to be an arsehole.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone advocated for that.

It’s just political satire.

1 Like

Someone advocated tossing people out of helicopters? :flushed:

No they advocated it, they certainly didn’t seem to think there was anything wrong with it.
Political satire ?
Nah.

Yes, there was a whole meme going of Pinochet helicopter tours, communists deserving death, not really being people …The usual.

I called them c#+ts for it and it’s the least they deserve.

If you are going to start posting that stuff put your real name behind it stop being a pussy.

What is “I want to throw people out of a helicopter” satirizing?

It’s only okay if you’re a president.

This kind of crap . But worse. In amongst the 4chan memes there were attempts at justifying it because they were communists or that Chile is now a semi prosperous country.

Just nasty stuff.

I don’t know where this was said.

Seems like just dark humor if someone said that. South Park does darker stuff.

I don’t think it was very humorous. You are talking about killing young people by dropping them out of helicopters. That’s pretty evil.

Call it evil, call it crass, nasty, whatever…Folks arent missing anything in that sub forum. It’s just used as an excuse to vent, post stuff related to America’s culture wars that is pre selected to support their own biases .
The range of topics is very limited.

Thanks for this. Didn’t know I could mute topics.

Now if I could just mute a couple of users…

The subject of forum content comes from all/nearly all/some users of forumosa. Can’t pee on one side if the content you like doesn’t show up. Offer some new topics to chat about. People always seem to chime in even it’s as droll as the einstein denier.

I don’t think @rowland is even white.

So dude, the issue is not the topics but the comments expressed concerning the topics.

Some of the threads here read like Alex Jones and Sean Hannity are competing on who’s got the crazier conspiracy theory

2 Likes

Oh, right, so you have to be white to be a white nationalist do you?

Political correctness gone mad!

2 Likes

It was mostly a joke. I don’t know much about him, I’ve never actually read his content. I just remember a lot of users finding him annoying/controversial for one reason or another and didn’t really investigate

Well, it doesn’t hurt…does it?

1 Like