Does the massive Asian-American killings last few days scare anyone from USA travel?

Look at Taipei. Would we be a better city without the MRT, without the bus network, without the youbike system?

It’s like having a supply of water or sewers, it’s basic, almost all of the wealthy parts of the world (and the US is wealthy!) view it this way.

Guy

1 Like

New York, this looks very bad. Asian youth tortured big time for being Asian this is just awful. Many Asians will travel with others to feel safe but seems here does not help (I would try flight back). No matter how rich or money you can make, if your body (and mind) is broke who wants this. In Taiwan, Japan, Estonia, ㄔ or even China do not need worry about this. No matter higher taxes or mo money, if its unsafe money does no matter.

Taipei is one of the few places I don’t mind public transport. For most of the world, it’s extremely unpleasant.

My snot was black from commuting on the tube in London and I watched some guy go psycho and started yelling and spitting at people once to work.

It’s relatively easy to get your drivers License in the US and almost anyone can afford a car and the fuel is pretty cheap compared to Europe at least. Poor people aren’t really priced out of owning a car in the US for the most part like in other countries.

I am visiting family in Hawaii, we watch the news in the Mainland USA and wonder what is going on. (Also news about Asian Americans being bad in NYC and LA). The Americas would be much better without the high crime.

I don’t worry about getting pushed in the UK. But there’s a disturbing amount of rail suicides in the UK. Every month on my way to London there would be at least a few delays because of this. Very sad.

Taipei invested in those sliding doors / barriers on the platforms of the MRT and HSR (TRA is the laggard here, as usual). These barriers are not cheap, but the purpose is clear—they save lives.

Guy

3 Likes

Gun problem issue only: My great country has a perception i.e. it believes it can solve violence with violence . Guns have effectively made the nation - civil war and so on. We have a belief that we can fix this with more guns.

Let me tell you straight - no gun laws will be implemented. All this talk is useless. Whether you are an American or not, it is quite right for you or anyone to think why we do like this. But nothing is gonna change. That is the truth for now. Maybe this gen will do it. But for many reasons, it may not be.

And someone mentioned gun ownership , a fact the Philippines :philippines: also has a weird rate rate of guns but very few mass shootings. This in my opinion shows that we simply are a violent people.

But even so, I love my country. I just have to accept the reality even though I have never touched a gun. And before you ask, I hail from the Capitol City of DC, which has high crime rates. And I am glad to be safe and sound in Taiwan. That for a fact, feels better.

2 Likes

A much higher intentional homicide rate, though.

2 Likes

My point was not to compete or compare , just to showcase that we are the weirdest bunch on earth.

Angriest?

2 Likes

Sure, I mostly agree with what you said there, but in fairness we should look at the whole picture.

1 Like

South Africa has a shitload of guns with very few mass shootings. What they do have, though, is the highest rate of family suicide/murders in the world.

1 Like

Once I heard that a three year old girl missing for 10 nights in Siberian wilderness was protected and taken care of by her dog.
Made my day.
Let me see ————

Ah found a YouTube one.

Good friend of mine train driver for Chiltern Railways. He has had killed 1 suicide jumper , fellow colleague driver has recently had his 3rd.
Dave my friend has had counselling, his colleague has now been laid off full pay and pension.
Train drivers pay in U.K. is high, Chiltern railway are struggling to fill his route driver.

2 Likes

Is this a satire or PC statement? Bro/Sis?

PS: I can get a writing from David if you all wish.
This is real life fact from a real person.

A bit tongue in cheek, but mostly genuine

My friends call me @TT

Indeed, you are right. But have noticed, my brother, the debate and studies never seem to do much. Neither the elephant or the donkey will do what a leader will do. Protect the innocent.

We just love guns. We just have to live with that.

Yep. I think people just don’t really care. Not really. It is what it is.

Yes of course!!!
That’a another truth.

Like I said, if you would become a dictator, I mean if…. And you choose to ban guns…… should you care about the fallout politically?
The hell with it. It is the same with people. Don’t care to…….