Don't believe the KMT about the economy

this is the situation in many countries. my friends feel that in my home country too.

1 Like

Yes. But it’s been a problem in Taiwan all through the boom times of the 2000s. So almost twenty years in a country with strong export businesses, that’s the weird thing.

Back in 2003…Just slightly higher today

It probably should allow for a bit more flexibility but voting by post is not an option in this environment. It’s letting the doors wide open for Chinese manipulation. Besides, vote counting is a lot more efficient this way. It probably seems outrageous for bigger countries where public transport is trash but for Taiwan it’s fine. It’s a couple of hours of travelling at most.

And even with this hostile system for young people (which is laughable btw; if you actually believe that young people can’t afford to go home to vote when everyone uses an iPhone you seriously need a reality check) the voter turnout is still higher than or the same as those with postal voting or absentee vote like the US or UK, especially amongst the younger voters. What does that entail?

3 Likes

Like all the people on welfare with iPhones in the US.

Disgusting.

At least here data plans are cheap.

Yeah right because you can buy an iPhone with data plans, lol. :roll_eyes:

What are you trying to say?

Considering Japanese don’t go abroad much anymore, it is.

Or Taiwan could fix its hukou system.

3 Likes

That’s crazy.

1 Like

Thats what we are talking about about by saying household registration.

Brian. Yes well get why the gov likes it. Doesnt hange the fact it should be trashed and forgotten. A form of registering is certainly useful and used everywhere…but this system is shit. No one without a financial stake wants it and complain constantpy about it. Causes numerous problems. Such as voting.

Gain. I agree its frustrating to see a person not take the day off and apend 1500 on bus tickets to go vote while they have an iphone. Its annoying seeing that in many situations. My point is a person should not have to so in order to vote. They should.be voting where they live, mot where their parents live. It is retarded. And its all all due to money.

1 Like

Agreed. Foreigners are also heavily discriminated against with this system.

For instance they tax me and I am the only official income earner in my household but that won’t list me as the head of the household or even officially in the household registration document. But the immigration office and the tax office know exactly what is my address and status.

1 Like

I will not stop questioning and looking for information. Especially when told to do so.

My, my, Taiwan bosses cannot engage in illegal stuff yet we have thousands of workers on forced unpaid vacation. And part timers subcontracted for less than legal fare. Check the news.

1 Like

Why would that be, the best pork products come from Europe. The US has what, bacon and pork chops?

People vote where they are registered and if they vote where the parents live means they are registered there. That’s why some people move the registration to some place months before the election, and return it after that.

Yes that is kind of a main point we are talking about above. Unless you own land, know someone or your landlord agrees you cannot move your registration. Thus you cant vote there. That is one of the bigger issues. If you cannot afford millions for a house, pr your landlord says no…how do you propose moving the household registration?

1 Like

The KMT used to pay for people moving to places to vote there.

There is a lot that could be said about that haha. Not much of it would be good.

1 Like

Don’t know anything about Euro pork, but as long as the ban is on, the US ain’t talking.

I thought someone said that is illegal.