Drug use in Taiwan 2021, an issue?

Sassy and a fuddy duddy? I’m sure the hallowed halls of NTU were easier for you to navigate once they put classroom numbers on the ceilings.

2 Likes

Never seen them anywhere, not even Wanhua, while almost every big western city has an unofficial drug using zone, that everybody avoids for safety reasons.

Drug use among truck drivers is kinda common everywhere but I don’t think they commit violent crimes to support their addiction.

That’s not true.

One of biggest rapper in Taiwan Leo 王 often sings about smoking weed

I was in San Francisco in 1993 and I was already shocked back than at drug users sleeping and walking around city hall.

This song is all about smoking weed and LEO 王 is the face of Lipton tea and some other big brands in Taiwan, so hardly underground

d4921382

BUSTed

1 Like

Well, sure. I fully agree you havent recognized them, but they are everywhere. The easiest ones to spot for those that arent really educated in addiction and drug use is just look for the twitches. Its extremely obvious in the shoulders with scooter drivers island wide. Thats amphetim. Aperson doesnt need to be a club regular to see drug use here. It is EVERYWHERE here. What we dont have is the social problems that the west has that is often associated with drug use. Some, but still totally different.

As to your second point, yes. Exactly! thats my point. Drug use is not synonymous with violent crimes, that is a huge stretch that people with bias against drug use say in order to completely ignore the problem. Check what i wrote above, i explained it and how it works in Taiwan in a very general sense, so wont repeat it again here. I will close with this. In regards to the top addictive narcotics, crime is born from not having the drug, not from having it. Contaminated substances also lead to massive social unrest, especially in in shit hole countries like the usa with their health care system. Taiwan does not experience such social problems even though drug use is extremely high.

No, its warm. The fact people are so simple they dont yet get that homeless situation is normally an issue with mental illness, second to econimics, and places like california are warm. There is a simple fuckin reason california has so many homeless people…its warm…there is no secret. Other places too. But being homeless in LA compared to Chicago during winter…come on. Of course LA has more… Plus higher populations to gain money. Hence warm places and cities tend to collect homeless folks. Its as simple as saying wild cows migrate towards greener pastures. Drugs are just an escape for many as with ethanol. @gain, you still have not answered my previous questions…no one ever does because it requires admitting objective facts rather than personal bias. Certainly drug use has also led to people becoming homeless but the vast majority of those addicts are without home due to economics and financial issues (aja cant afford the drug, and iften buy cheaper highs which put them into a health care system that rapes them equally as hard as the drug dealers do. You dont see junky celebs, politicians and business people on the street that often, because they can afford it.

People need to stop lumping completely different things together just cause they dont like something. It avoids the issue and helps no one.

1 Like

" Pan used cryptocurrencies, encrypted messaging, and GPS to avoid detection"

:thinking:

1 Like

And she was really stealthy!

“Pan had built up a large following on social media with over 76,000 followers on Facebook and tens of thousands of fans on Instagram.”

1 Like

Dont think too much. Everyone can be dumb as allfuck. Herbalists, governments and reporters :wink:

weed junkies :joy:

yeah, you definitely know what you’re on about

2 Likes

Then you got HUGE amount of people using betel nuts… no idea what it does though but it really makes your teeth all disgusting.

And drive like crazy, speeding, running red lights …

1 Like

Busted is right.

It’s a good thing they have three different pictures from three different angles of a girl with big breasts so no one misses it.

Where’s that other news story where reporting just blatantly talked about her breasts?

1 Like

I did. It just got deleted by the mods. I don’t care what you think anyway.

And?

Right yeah, you are right. Popular musicians having popular songs about smoking drugs are not an indication of a drug culture. People just probably like the nice cartoons in the video

He’s popular? Who the fuck is he?

You are a gem

He won the Top Mandarin Speaking Male artist at the Golden Melody Awards in 2019. 最佳華語男歌手獎 (金曲獎) - 维基百科,自由的百科全书

If you go into 7-11 you will probably see his face promoting some products including Lipton tea.

Also was in an Adidas campaign

Funny how he only has like 70k followers on instagram.