Drug use in Taiwan 2021, an issue?

It could have been heroin. I’m not very aware of drug trends. It was like 3 guys sniffing something white in an alley a few blocks from St. Pancras. Quite eye-opening. I’ve never seen anyone do drugs in Taiwan.

1 Like

You need to elaborate. What is the problem?

1 Like

It’s common enough sight in European cities unfortunately, especially city centers where the drug treatment centers are and the hostels and homeless shelters .

Well for me, personally the problem was the free use of it in public around children. The lack of care, presumably, by the police, beach management.

I don’t care if someone uses drugs, it’s their life, but when it affects the people around them, and stinks up the place, it becomes a problem. And there at the beach, it was a problem every weekend.

Edit… I can’t say if it’s a problem for all of Taiwan, but it was a problem there and then.

5 Likes

It used to be ecstasy in Taiwan. They were selling it to kids down south for as little as ten nt a pop.

1 Like

Are they shooting into their veins?

Insulin is shot into the fat on your belly. They use hypodermic needles. Insulin is not shot into a vein. If they are shooting into a vein they are shooting heroin.

1 Like

Damn, you can do that? That’s Star Trek stuff.

1 Like

I’ve seen a kid no older than 12 sniffing glue not particularly subtly while walking down the street in Luzhou. Also run into a girl completely out of it outside my apartment, kids talking about doing ketamine at the next table over etc. etc.

It’s definitely a thing here. Whether it’s “an issue” depends on your perspective I guess.

1 Like

Ketamine use generally just results in a fine in Taiwan. Way different to weed smoking. That is why the police could not be bothered to deal with it. Just results in a fine at best after all the paper work. Nitrous Oxide is another biggie here and is still legal.

3 Likes

The police generally ignore glue sniffers here there are a couple of them at my local park. Middle aged me with bags of yellow glue.

1 Like

I didn’t even know that was still a thing. It was huge in the late 80s/early 90s. Used to run into huffers in the elevator all the time back then. The smell was overwhelming.

2 Likes

Difficult to ban as it’s used in whipped cream shakers.

1 Like

I didn’t know that.

Yes, it was into their veins.

1 Like

Yeah it’s very advanced. :rofl:

Drugs are also far more popular on campuses in the west. I’ve never heard of anyone do drugs at NTU, not even weed. It’s not on anyone’s radar. In Europe however I’ve seen shady af losers dealing stuff like ecstasy or some shit at the dorm. It was gross.

Ecstasy is not gross. Good ecstasy is, well, ecstasy. So long as you don’t overdo it. There’s a reason they use it in couples counseling.

1 Like

Well I don’t really have any opinion on ecstasy other than that it doesn’t interest me in the slightest. I meant the drug dealers were gross with their hideous tattoos. I felt like I could contract gonnorhea by just being in the same room with them.

That’s like saying you won’t eat mangoes cos the lady selling them in the market is a hideous old crone.

Also tattoos done carry the clap.

6 Likes

The college kids are totally into the club drugs. Maybe just not your crowd?

4 Likes

Maybe kids from colleges that are closing down soon. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

All colleges.

3 Likes