Dry January and Beyond (Ongoing Accountability group)

Cannabis is cheaper than tobacco.

1 Like

I thought it was a woman who had burnt her Jack and Danny out.

1 Like

Most of my friends now smoke roll ups as fags are so pricey and when you go on holiday you get a the old, “Get us some Amber Leaf mate,” texts.

A pack of 20 tailor made fags here are now £13+

Not here. It’s about £10 - £15 a gram. £30 on the 1/8. That’s what my mum tells me, at least. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

He did manage to smoke himself thin though.

1 Like

I have pretty much stopped dropping weight. But, my sugar fix has shifted to a bowl of cereal before bed. I’m going to cut that shit out and see what happens.

Next on the horizon is slashing back the massive amount of coffee I drink every day.

2 Likes

Why? Why?!??!?!

Why not? The me I want to be doesn’t want to be jolted into workmode every day.

1 Like

2 Likes

I will not drink alcohol today.

4 Likes

In Soviet Russia, vodka drink YOU!!!

I will not eat a bowl of cereal before bed.

2 Likes

I will not drink alcohol today.

Day 22 of doing this the right way. No booze, no substitutes, asking for help, talking about it to my friends on the daily, waking up and making the same daily promise to myself, listening to podcasts, talking to myself (and other sober people) rationally through cravings, waiting for strong emotions to pass.

Last night I had a dream about going shopping for AF beer. That was a great dream.

3 Likes

Alright, partly inspired by this thread, I’m gonna get on the wagon too.

It’s my habit of many years to have a couple cans of beer before bed, for no particular reason – I just associate it with winding down at the end of the day. Mostly the next morning is alright, but I’m not exactly jumping around. Sometimes it’s less good.

Last night I had a work call until 1am and then had my beers and ended up raiding the rum too, and woke up to go rock climbing feeling tired and a bit vague. Those aren’t good things to be when you’re trusting two people’s lives to careful management of a knotted rope. No-one died but it’s really bugging me.

More generally I’m just feeling less energetic in the daytimes as I get older, and cutting out the regular drinking might help. I’ll probably still have a drink if I go out with friends, but that’s pretty rare for me these days anyway.

So! I will not drink alcohol today.

10 Likes

Welcome to the club. :+1:

3 Likes

Wrong.

4 Likes

It has been repeatedly explained that this kind of discussion is not welcome in this thread.

Please go and post stuff like this elsewhere.

3 Likes

Yes brother!!! Welcome.

You are in excellent company.

5 Likes

No you didn’t make it that clear, and honestly I was just trying to foster discussion and not trying to encourage irresponsible alcohol use. I’m sorry if I ruined your day. No need to get all nasty about it.

If you’ve been keeping up with this thread, you’d know this issue has already been covered in detail. Presenting misinformation isn’t helpful.

3 Likes

Haven’t ruined my day. Not getting nasty.
Please foster discussions about drinking elsewhere. Thank you.

3 Likes