Elton John in Taiwan!

This I’ve been wondering for a long time. How come the media is allowed to go to the gate (I suppose they don’t have a boarding pass) where they stick their microphones right into the celebrity’s face when they take a step out of the plane?
What is it, corruption or just lax security at the airport?

This I’ve been wondering for a long time. How come the media is allowed to go to the gate (I suppose they don’t have a boarding pass) where they stick their microphones right into the celebrity’s face when they take a step out of the plane?
What is it, corruption or just lax security at the airport?

[quote=“mesheel”]This I’ve been wondering for a long time. How come the media is allowed to go to the gate (I suppose they don’t have a boarding pass) where they stick their microphones right into the celebrity’s face when they take a step out of the plane?
What is it, corruption or just lax security at the airport?[/quote]

For the same reason that they are allowed to stick their insensitive pig noses into every other facet of people’s private lives, such as when they live interview a trapped car crash vicitm. someone lying prostrate in a hospital emergency department, etc.

Good for Elton. Call a pig a pig!

Two years ago after Bali tragedy, I organized a bus to the Airport to pick up the survivers (some with very bad burns and injuries), fuck knows how the media knew about the flight they came back on and the plan to organize a bus to pick them up, they waited outside the pub for me then managed to re-direct the bus and at the airport they were everywhere. I did the same as Elton John (and I am good at that if provoked) and a bit more.

It is the only way to fight them off unfortunately.Hope the concert is better than today’s earlier pictures of Elton John, look forward to it anyway.

Cheers!

[quote=“Taverncaptain”]Two years ago after Bali tragedy, I organized a bus to the Airport to pick up the survivers (some with very bad burns and injuries), fuck knows how the media knew about the flight they came back on and the plan to organize a bus to pick them up, they waited outside the pub for me then managed to re-direct the bus and at the airport they were everywhere. I did the same as Elton John (and I am good at that if provoked) and a bit more.

It is the only way to fight them off unfortunately.Hope the concert is better than today’s earlier pictures of Elton John, look forward to it anyway.

Cheers![/quote]

Do you also wear a hairpiece?

[quote]TAIPEI (Reuters) - British rock star Elton John, in Taipei for a concert, swore at reporters who swarmed around him at the airport Thursday and called them “rude, vile pigs.”
Wearing a bright blue tracksuit and dark sunglasses, the star shouted expletives as he was mobbed by photographers and TV crew.

“Rude, vile pigs!” he shouted at the reporters at the Chiang Kai Shek airport after he arrived shortly after midnight.

“Do you know what that means? Rude, vile pigs. That’s what all of you are.”

One of the photographers shouted back: “Why don’t you get out of Taiwan?”

John replied: “We’d love to get out of Taiwan if it’s full of people like you. Pig! Pig!” [/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Hear hear! The paparazzi are a bunch of cunts. Unfortunately I wouldn’t be surprised to see it reported as Sir Elton calling everyone in Taiwan pigs.

“One of the photographers shouted back: ‘Why don’t you get out of Taiwan?’”

You can imagine how proud of himself this particular pig must be! :unamused:

The SHAME! :laughing:

First hand! It was an absolutely great concert. For all of you that were not there (as I could tell that the business at the Pubs would not be that great as I knew most people there), absolutely fantastic concert. And the blue track suit came back on during the “encore part” of the performance! Outstanding, must admit that Alan Dillon did a lot to enhance the experience by steeling beers from behind the stage.
Those of you that like Elton John’s music and did not manage to get to the concert, you missed a great performance.
Cheers!
Michel

Can you feel the love tonight?

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/23/elton.taiwan.reut/index.html

I guess the bitch is back.

Hey, when the concert was announced, I mentioned I wanted to go protest. Who’s with me now? Let’s send this pampered prig a message. :fume:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

God bless Elton John. :laughing:

D’you 'member when rock was young ?

MaPoSquid wrote: [quote]I guess the bitch is back.

Hey, when the concert was announced, I mentioned I wanted to go protest. Who’s with me now? Let’s send this pampered prig a message.[/quote]

I know you are pissed (off) with Elton for his nutty liberal comments earlier this year, but he’s a musician so he gets off. Actually, I like the guy a lot; great artist and he has a good sense of music. I realised during my redneck teenage years that I couldn’t be too choosy when it came to music:

Inside a redneck 14-year-old Almas’ mind

Black music, don’t like that! No idea why my foot keeps moving like that, though? Leftie music with a political message, hate it! Totally Gay music like Queen, don’t like that! Slightly gay music, don’t like that! Music played by runty Italian-football watching bastards that weigh less than 80kg, sucks! Beetles - long-haired bastards!!
I was left with Country music!!! :astonished: I very quickly learnt that nothing else matters but the music. Music taught me tolerance and acceptance of other people (oh, on top of shagging foreign birds, that is)!!!

First on the news I saw the clip from the airport. It was quite funny. The words “Pig, Pig, Pig,” and “Fuck Off”, exact quotes that Elton John made at the airport, were written behind the news lady who discussed the scene. Then they showed footage from the vaults - about 10 other celebrities who have gotten angry at the Taipei airport, including Robbie Williams running.

This evening on the news, they showed a clip from Elton’s concert. He made an apology for what he called “an incident at the airport”. He said that most people in Taiwan are friendly. He said the photographers or reporters at the airport were the rudest people he had ever met.

What’s up with British rock stars of the 70’s. Elton John is pissing off the Taiwan media. The artist formerly known as Cat Stevens is banned from entering the USA.

Must be mid life crisis.

Tell me Skyline Pigeon is not a great song. I have a great deal of respect for the man. Judge him by his music. His music has given me many hours of pleasure. For this I will gladly forgive him any foibles he might have exhibited at CKS airport.

What journalist who so rudely assailed him has an ounce of his talent ? Pathetic.

I’ve just had a listen to Skyline Pigeon. Up there with Songbird by Fleetwood Mac. Oldies like Sandman will appreciate my sentiments.

Don’t be an Elton tease. Did you listen to it on the net? If so, give us a link!! Please.