Entrepreneurship meeting chat thread

Dear Mr He,

Thanks again for organizing a very informative and fun lunch.

One suggestion – if the swine flu gets worse, perhaps we dont want to eat at a tex mex restaurant?

I sure hope we dont have to drag out the old N-95 masks!
:wink:

No worries, if it gets as bad as I think it might, I think that great entrepreneurial opportunities will arise, however not in my area of expertise.

Sorry could not make it…had to rush to China as there was an emergency…

will make it to the next meeting…

Are we cool with the date?

yes May 24th is fine with me!!!

I’ve read through the thread and wish i could have come to the last meeting to meet some fellow entrepreneurs. I am starting a bike company right now and trying to figure out all the details to doing business in Taiwan so others experiences and know how are invaluable. i would like to join the next one on may 24th. Where and when will this take place?

Noon, same place as last ime.

I will put up an announcement shortly.

is this free to join?

May 24th looks good to me, although I am not an entrepreneur (yet), I think its the only way for me to be satisfied working here and would appreciate getting an easrly start on issues that may arise when starting up a business

would I still be welcome to join?

Would love to attend if this indeed repeats in May (free the 24th, to date)

It’s free to join in, no worries there.

The date and time is fixed, I will put it up tomorrow first thing.

Any more details on the May meeting? :slight_smile:

For those who have never been do go along. No-one will mind whether you have your own business or not. You may unwittingly have the answer to someone else’s question and everyone is happy to answer your questions if they can. Its a great forum for people interested in business, and not a bad place to meet some genuinely nice people who like a beer on a Sunday lunch time.

I am in Taipei this week and may try to make it depending on how some other things pan out. Regardless of whether I do I will be there in spirit.

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

And we got a bit of an issue - we are short on speakers.

So are we on for the meeting? I’m a bit confused. Topic?

The meeting is on, off course it is.

We do not really have an issue, I will be happy to speak about my experiences of doing business here.

I will be there, it’s been a shit couple of weeks and I could do with some good company.

re: speakers, I have a bunch of new info about company formation, visas etc. If anybody plants to turn up who is starting up or wants to start up in Taiwan I can talk about the mechanics of starting up, including some tips and tricks to make the visa process much more painless than the government intended. Otherwise there’s not much point wasting time on this stuff with people who are already set up.

i am working on forming a company currently and would definitely like to hear from llary.

sorry…so it is again at Yuma May 24th— at 12 in the afternoon or later??

Yes, see here for details.

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=78873

Dear All, I really hope to see you there on Sunday at noon. Don’t forget.