I’ve now read through a couple of other threads on this damn app and I’m still none the wiser. Here’s the situation:
- I’m trying to order something on Shopee from overseas. Total value <NT$650. Shopee forced me to download and install the EZWay app.
- I installed it from my phone and registered my English name/phone number/e-mail address under “Others” (as opposed to “R.O.C. Citizen”). I included my ARC number and uploaded copies of the front and back.
- The registration seemed to go through, in that the app didn’t throw up any error messages. My status in the app shows up as “Member” and “Not Yet Validated”:
- Tapping on “Real-Name Authorization” tells me I need to do “Telcom validation”, whatever that is, and gives me instructions to go to menu items that don’t exist in the app. My phone number is prepaid rather than a monthly contract, if that’s relevant.
- Tapping on “Paper Letter of Authorization” gives a list of courier options, none of which seem to match the only possible delivery option of Shopee home delivery (蝦皮宅配) in Shopee.
- Separate from this, I also attempted to register from my computer browser:
- This also appears to have gone through successfully, judging from the Shopee notification (no idea what “KYC” and “JKO” are):
- Nonetheless, the order page in the app still tells me I need to “Complete Custom’s real-name authorization before payment” (this order is cash on delivery to 7-11), and tapping on that just takes me back to a screen telling me I need to use the EZ Way app with my Chinese name.
I might ultimately get a Chinese name added to my ARC, but there isn’t one on there at the moment and I don’t really want to wait 2 weeks before ordering. Am I missing something here? Is there anything I can do here if my ID doesn’t have a Chinese name and the seller isn’t using one of the specified couriers? This bloody app…