EZ Way App - Customs information

I made an order from Taobao 6 months ago, just to see if it would work. I got the EZ Way requirements but couldn’t do anything about it. I eventually gave up after it sat in a warehouse in Guangzhou for a month. I’d had the some problem a month earlier. They wouldn’t ship it to Taiwan until they had whatever from EZ Way. I changed the shipping method for the second one, I can’t remember what either method was. One was by air and the other by sea. A few weeks ago, I got the usual message from EZ Way to do their thing. I had forgotten about it, but it was the second package. I couldn’t do anything with EZ Way so I just waited. Today I got a message that it’s at 7-11. I don’t know if not having EZ Way delayed it in Guangzhou or if it’s just that slow.

I sent an email to “EZ Way” before leaving home yesterday, complaining about a weird request to authenticate my name and or authorize an import. I told them I read complaints about their app not even working for foreign nationals in Taiwan.

They replied that I only had to provide my ARC or passport number, so I gave them the first. Waiting now to see how it goes. I really don’t want to buy anything with “international priority delivery” from eBay again since it’s a rip off, expensive, slow, stupid. And I don’t want to have to deal with EZ way either. They seem to be the nightmare team.

1 Like
  1. Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve ordered more from eBay recently and it all seems to be sent via SF Express.
  2. Note: The mailbox of TW SF International Group was changed to : englishservice@sfmail.sf-express.com
  3. The service is great. I just tell them the shipping number (emailed and/or texted, likely from China). Once the shipping information is in their (Taiwan) system, they just handle it for me. Nice attitude and very proactive.
  4. Update on my previous shipment. I tried to call the service center (China) and they screwed up the order and stated it was undeliverable. I opened a case at eBay. Seller never replied. I had no other clear options with eBay and missed the 20 day money back “guarantee” and eBay won’t do f*** all.

The email option, at least for SF Express, seems to work very well (nothing to sign, minimal information required). For FedEx and other major couriers, EZWay has never failed me yet.

Good luck!

f*** all = nothing. You mean they will do f*** all.

eBay’s pitiful efforts fail to meet even the zero-level criterion of “f*** all.” If anything, they cause me to take steps that waste my time. More like “f*** anything.”… “They do not help at all.”

Simple enough for ya? :drooling_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve sold on eBay, I’ve bought on eBay. Rulez is for everybody, and rulez is rulez and if we didn’t have rulez where would we be?

Ordered some baby food and stuff on iHerb. Got this message first :

So I downloaded the EZ Way app then registered as a general user using my Chinese name and ARC number. I did the “paper letter of authorization”. I “suppose” it was successful because I got this email from EZ Way.

I have been checking the SF express page. It’s been 24 hours but still no change in status. It says “custom clearance is incomplete”.

Have I missed anything ? Should I still email them or just wait till March 18th ?

1 Like

The message is a “reflex” but does not indicate success. If you want your package, EZ-WAY is of no help, unless you have Taiwanese citizenship.

It’s easier to directly contact SF in Taiwan by email once you have the identifying number of your parcel (starts with SF). P.S. The SF office in Taiwan can facilitate a lot, by not until the package is in “their” system. However, just send them the package number and they will keep an eye out for you.

English service email (used many times, fast and friendly); englishservice@sfmail.sf-express.com

3 Likes

I bought something off eBay a few months ago and it was delivered by these guys. I wrote them and they told me I didn’t have to do anything apart from providing them my ARC number by email. That was all what I did and I got the package soon after.

2 Likes

I’ve had a few packages come in lately without calls by the government or requests for info.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. I had a feeling that was the case.

Just sent them an email now. As of today, it’s still showing stuck in transit on SF page. But hopefully, they’ll let it through soon. Will report back if I succeed.

They usually respond very promptly and handle everything. I just contacted them this afternoon to give a heads-up on an incoming package.

Best of luck! SF seems to be the default courier for eBay’s Global Shipping Program. Being proactive is key, since EZ-WAY is more like NO-WAY, particularly for the mainland SF company.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. Although I never got an answer to the email, but the shipment was released the same day. I am expecting to receive it today.

I am surprised the government doesn’t provide any clear ‘guidance’ on how to deal with this issue that THEY have caused. Lately, every time they change some regulation and cause a headache for foreigners, we always need to figure it out ourselves and then help each other.

Thanks God we have Forumosa! :salute:

2 Likes

After living here quite a while, I’m anything but surprised at the lack of any support or knowledge related to the changes that they make in our supposed best interest.

1. Just picked up my new arc today, and was asking them about what was involved with the items on the list that mentioned we need to personally handle related to the change in identity number. I know that we need to make changes at the Post Office Bank, take care of personal insurance (scooter, car, etc.) and also change our number with our employer for labor insurance. However, the officer’s knew absolutely nothing about the details involved or the time frame.
  2. Visiting the post office bank, thankfully the teller had dealt with this situation before so knew how to handle it quite conveniently. Didn’t need to change cards, just update information. The teller wear in full agreement that the “well-intended” (yeah right!) government action led only to an increase in 麻煩 for everyone! Indeed!
  3. In terms of the ironically named EZ-Way APP, I was in contact with them last year. There is nothing they could do about the fact that SF Express was not supported by their system and it seemed, at that point, that it was not their choice. They provided me with a number for SF Express, which is based in China, which resulted in my package being sent back to the US and never returned to me. As you mentioned, only thanks to another member Forumosa was I able to figure out how to contact the international department in Taiwan for SF Express and now can manage my shipments and arrivals very conveniently. A new item arrived today without any hassle. Their service is excellent (Taiwan-based personnel).

I heard that EZway was updated a few days ago and may not accept all ID numbers. Can anyone confirm?

It looks like the real name verification is now possible for arc holders. I can’t complete the process however, because the app doesn’t recognize the back of my arc-card.

I updated the app and tried to verify my identity. First problem, they insist on an expiry date for the ID, but APRCs don’t have them (@Marco ! Didn’t you get the guy to fix that last time?) Second problem, It says a Chinese name is optional. I have one on my APRC and entered it, but it didn’t recognize it when I scanned the ID. I removed it, but when I scanned my ID it insisted on one. It also says my ID number is wrong, though it isn’t, and I don’t have the option to change it anyway.
Under the text box, it says something like it read the result of the Chinese name and ID and the result should be “” which I assume means there was no result. So, it’s not working yet.

2 Likes

No, I just know a few MPs offices and I bitch at them.

I got the phone carrier to back down. (and they silently put it back up)

I am working on an updated strategy.

Yeah, that’s what I meant. I think you bitched about the app not working for APRC holders. Or maybe that was another app, same problem, though.

Right. I did. But i only have 1 (had 2) MP. Current obstacle to meet new MPs is fulltime job.

2 Likes