Farewell, Dragonbones! đź’”

Sometimes you can tell by following a someone’s posts over years that they must be a special person in real life. Dragonbones was one of those people.

The last thread I remember him starting that I posted in goes back a couple of years:

His posts in it included:

I am looking for a gay-friendly novel, preferably in Spanish, but if not, in English, for my kids to read around age 10-13…Something where the or one of several protagonists is coming to terms with or admits to liking the same sex …my broader goal is just open-mindedness in my children; my more specific goal is just part of letting our kids know that we’re happy with them without preference on orientation…

I think that alone tells you what kind of person he was and the life he likely led, never mind all of his valuable cooking contributions.

Never met him offline but greatly saddened by the news. Thanks for the post @maoman. He couldn’t have been very old (showing again, only the good die young). Hope the next few days go as smoothly as possible for his wife and kids. Thanks for everything Dragonbones, RIP.

10 Likes