Feebie's Pizza & Pub Taoyuan - Chat Thread

Um…He had a ridiculous pop at all of his competitors. “Stone ovens” and all that other bullshit. He should be well grateful that Maoman cleaned that nonsense up for him. To have a go at pizza places that aren’t even in Taoyuen was a bit ridiculous.
That being said, I know what a mission it is to start up a place and to sweat and toil. A bit of contrition and humble pie from the OP would be in order. It would certainly elevate the standing of his establishment.

Theres GOOD attention and theres BAD attention. I think we got here BAD attention. The OP should not attack others to build himself up. Better to just announce his restaurant and invite everyone to come and try (and maybe offer a discount for flobbers).

He sure got off on the wrong foot and set up a lot of BOOHAo vibes sent in his direction.

Bollocks. Maoman’s other post made a lot of sense and contained some sage advice. Careyteacher hoped to gain from using this site and deployed rather odd tactics to do so; slagging off other restaurants and deflecting criticism in such a manner as to imply that those doing the criticising were the ones with the problem. He was wrong and inept in doing so. Totally. Rather than show some contrition at what began as constructive criticism, he chose to use phrases as ‘loser’ and ‘geek’ when addressing Sandman for example. My respect for Sandman does not extend from his longevity on the forum but rather than from the fact that he does make useful criticism and generally knows what he is talking about despite having the rather obvious and debilitating handicap of being Scottish. If Sandman can overcome that massive hurdle then I do not see why Careyteacher cannot overcome his demons and look at these responses and responses to his square pizza model eatery more rationally. What has transpired here is entirely of his own doing.

And it is entertaining.

BroonAdds

You are completely in the wrong. If you are to improve, you will need to be able to accept criticism, and use it to grow and improve. If you can’t stand that, you should steer clear of marketing yourself in a place where people can respond.

Careyteacher should really work on his personality, he comes across as not a very good communicator, and he has an issue with critique. Note that my post which set this off, was a point by point complaint, if he had responded point by point, making sure that I knew that he valued it and would act on it, I would have been happy to go back. Instead I got this:

That’s not really a reply. Note that I was constructive in my criticism, I told him to:

1. Get the pizzas round.
  2. Improve the ambience.
  3. If the owner had issues regarding monitoring the quality of the food coming out of the kitchen in the rear, perhaps focusing on a small menu and really give it everything would be the way forward.

Also, note who started the personal attacks. It was not sandman or broonale. It was Careyteacher.

If you as a restaurant owner tell people in a place where they indeed can respond to say good things or shut up, then you really are asking for trouble.

He should clean up his act if anything - however no matter how much cleaning he does, he has lost my patronage for good. I don’t want to part with my money to someone holding me in such contempt.

Interesting. Could someone point out the “personal attacks” I instigated against Careyteacher, please? And the “personal attacks” which which i followed up? Thanks.

should the thread be ended in this way

Those who want to go to Feebie’s please go!
Those who don’t want to to go Feebie’s please don’t go!

Where have I attacked others? These attacks are from friends of another pizza place… I am trying to be positive and let others know what we have, is there something wrong with that?

[quote=“tommy525”]Theres GOOD attention and theres BAD attention. I think we got here BAD attention. The OP should not attack others to build himself up. Better to just announce his restaurant and invite everyone to come and try (and maybe offer a discount for flobbers).

He sure got off on the wrong foot and set up a lot of BOOHAo vibes sent in his direction.[/quote]

How many of you people have been to our place?? Has "Sandman’ ever been there?

Bollocks. Maoman’s other post made a lot of sense and contained some sage advice. Careyteacher hoped to gain from using this site and deployed rather odd tactics to do so; slagging off other restaurants and deflecting criticism in such a manner as to imply that those doing the criticising were the ones with the problem. He was wrong and inept in doing so. Totally. Rather than show some contrition at what began as constructive criticism, he chose to use phrases as ‘loser’ and ‘geek’ when addressing Sandman for example. My respect for Sandman does not extend from his longevity on the forum but rather than from the fact that he does make useful criticism and generally knows what he is talking about despite having the rather obvious and debilitating handicap of being Scottish. If Sandman can overcome that massive hurdle then I do not see why Careyteacher cannot overcome his demons and look at these responses and responses to his square pizza model eatery more rationally. What has transpired here is entirely of his own doing.

And it is entertaining.

BroonAdds[/quote]

careyteacher,

We are not talking about your place. We are talking about your attitude. You are scaring off potential customers.

[quote=“careyteacher”]Where have I attacked others? These attacks are from friends of another pizza place… I am trying to be positive and let others know what we have, is there something wrong with that?

[/quote]

Other than the attacks in this thread (lonely, geek etc), it’s referring to your multi-page rant/thread a while ago attacking Alleycats.

[quote=“cfimages”][quote=“careyteacher”]Where have I attacked others? These attacks are from friends of another pizza place… I am trying to be positive and let others know what we have, is there something wrong with that?

[/quote]

Other than the attacks in this thread (lonely, geek etc), it’s referring to your multi-page rant/thread a while ago attacking Alleycats.[/quote]

cfimages is correct. As is Anubis. As is sandman. it matters not one jot who has been to your place or not now. Mr He went and his constructive criticism was dismissed out of hand. It seems that in your eyes you can do no wrong, that you are mistakenly maligned. I have not been to your place and neither am I likely to travel the 8000 miles or so to do so but IF I was in Taiwan I, like Mr He would not want to give my money to someone with your attitude, regardless of how good your octagonal pizzas are. Given that you have had expereience in the hospitality field before, I find it surprising that you harbour such a bad attitude towards actual or potential customers. Your obsession with ‘other’ pizza places leads one to think that you think there is a conspiracy against you; that somehow you are a threat to them. I can assure you that they pay you absolutely no attention whatsoever. You can rant as much as you like but to other pizza place operators, I surmise that you are of utter insignificance and I guess that you will remain so. You will fail as long as you remain such a mind-bogglingly sanctimonious git and perrennial whinger.

BroonAgrees

P.S. The Holiday Inn was correct too.

[quote=“careyteacher”]How many of you people have been to our place?? Has "Sandman’ ever been there?

[/quote]

No way. You sound like a weirdo for one thing. I trust Mr He for another, while I don’t trust you at all, given what you’ve posted here so far re: Holiday Inn, other peoples’ pizza joints and your own place. You called me names like a stupid wee girl for a third. Exactly WHY should I come to your place, given the above? You think I want a pizza THAT badly? :laughing:

Why anyone would want to sabotage their own business like this is beyond me. Google the word feebie’s and this thread comes up third. Google the words “feebie’s pizza” and it comes up first.

careyteacher, I can imagine you feel you’ve been dealt a bad hand, but trust me, we have hundreds of threads in the restaurant forum. They’re not all glowing reviews, but by and large, restaurant bosses have handled the criticism pragmatically. Be aware also, that this is not a “Forumosa issue”. Internet reviews and communication present a new challenge that restaurant bosses around the world have to meet. In Taiwan’s expat community they’ve done it mostly well. Your responses have been a trainwreck - fun for entertainment value, I guess in a schadenfreude kind of way, but I genuinely am perplexed as to why you would act like this when it’s your own business at stake. You’ve been in operation for a couple of years already, so your food is probably pretty good. Why would you go online then, and give people a reason NOT to come? You would have been better off posting once and then walking away. Anyway, I know what I would do now if I were you, but if it hasn’t occurred to you what that is, then there’s no point even bringing it up.

change name away from feebies and rebrand to remove negative publicity, change screen names on forumosa to something like ‘Dave Richards’ and say

[quote=“Dave Richards”] hey guys, saw a struggling pizza place in taoyuan with a few minor issues and the weterner wanted someone to buy it out, so I did, transferred the business goodwill and am looking to redecorate a little

The new name will be posted up with a menu once I have figured a little more out,

wish me luck!!!"
[/quote]

starting a fresh page can be an excellent way to paper over previous mistakes

PS there is no dave richards btw, just made it up

He is going to sue. It is going to be the biggest case in Taiwan ever. He will never give up. NEVER! He has been WRONGED and the behaviour of posters is DESPICABLE! Sue, sue sue! After all, his stunning success in bringing Intercontinental Hotels to its knees must not be discounted; that was a really BIG case and a testament to careyteacher’s tenacity.

Something like that.

Have a think careyteacher…a serious one. Have a wank first to rid yourself of some of your issue-related anger then come back and make peace.

BroonAdvocates

Oh God. I did not know that I would start off a fireworks like that when I reviewed the place. I had a so-so experience there. The taste of the pizza was not bad per se, that I admit, and I would have been happy to go back, if issues like the burger and the shape of the pizza had been dealt with.

The burger issue - I think the issue is that they cut it by hand, and well when busy the slices tend to be rather thick. If I were them, I would have invested in an electric vegetable cutter/slicer, I help a western firm having those made in China, and they are not hugely expensive pieces of equipment, IE a cheap Chinese one doung the job should be NT$15kplus, or say the gross take of Mr. He and family coming 10 times(I have a big family). That way, they would gain a better control over the process and take a lot of the drudgery out of making sure that stuff like the thickness of the veggies are cut as they should be.

I really would not mid having a well-run western owned restaurant closer than Taipei, and feel a bit sad that Feebie’s so far does not fit the bill. I hope that Careyteacher will improve his people skills and get his operation streamlined both on the service side, the decor side, and the smaller issues with the food side. (Tossing pizza dough is -no offeise to any pizza restaurateurs - not rocket science, and should be a skill mastered rather fast)

I myself run a business based on service and reputation. I would never fob customers off like that - ever. Customers are always right, and their concerns should be respected. If their feedback warrant improvement, then improve. If not explain exactly why. My business is my livelyhood, and if I were to stuff it up, I would not do it by chasing my customers away.

And then take a look at how a daft prick called Tpebob responded to a rather curmudgeonly complaint about his fish and chips all those years ago. It is a lesson you would do WELL to learn from. Why, I must have spent HUNDREDS of entee dolares in his place over the years since then. HUNDREDS!

Oh, and other than pointing out the badly shaped pizza thing, (which is a VERY basic fact of pizza life by the way – practice on about 6 dough portions and you too could achieve consistency) I made NO comment on your place or your food. Only the attitude you display here, Basil, so why on EARTH would it matter if I’ve been to your place or not?
Further, my wife and two of my nieces HAVE been. The fact that I refrained from posting about their experience is testament to my dislike of posting hearsay (even though I trust my wife implicitly). Although with hindsight, if I HAD posted, it would possibly have saved Mr He a trip, as the complaints were pretty much identical.
All you have rebutted with, on the other hand, can be summed up with “But I’m Canadian! I try hard! And I painted the place myself!” Sorry dude, but that simply doesn’t inspire confidence.

[quote=“sandman”]And then take a look at how a daft prick called Tpebob responded to a rather curmudgeonly complaint about his fish and chips all those years ago. It is a lesson you would do WELL to learn from. Why, I must have spent HUNDREDS of entee dolares in his place over the years since then. HUNDREDS!

Oh, and other than pointing out the badly shaped pizza thing, (which is a VERY basic fact of pizza life by the way – practice on about 6 dough portions and you too could achieve consistency) I made NO comment on your place or your food. Only the attitude you display here, Basil, so why on EARTH would it matter if I’ve been to your place or not?
Further, my wife and two of my nieces HAVE been. The fact that I refrained from posting about their experience is testament to my dislike of posting hearsay (even though I trust my wife implicitly). Although with hindsight, if I had posted, it would possibly have saved Mr He a trip, as the complaints were pretty much identical.
All you have rebutted with, on the other hand, can be summed up with “But I’m Canadian! I try hard! And I painted the place myself!” Sorry dude, but that simply doesn’t inspire confidence.[/quote]

pssst…don’t mention the you-know-what!!!

My positive attitude? How is my attitude bad? How many of you people have ever met me? From the sounds of it, you are all friends who invest in another pizza place and just want to bash me because I am not in your little circle of negativity!!

[quote=“Anubis”]careyteacher,

We are not talking about your place. We are talking about your attitude. You are scaring off potential customers.[/quote]

Sorry. I amongst others have given you ample leeway and opportunity to redeem yourself. I will avoid your establishment like the plague. You are a complete and utter WANKER.
Hope my investment in Alleycats skyrockets.