Find a work in Taiwan

Hi everyone.
I m a french man and currently living in Kaohsiung.
i’m a research assistant in environmental fields (quality, microbiology, toxicology…)with a master degree, and would like to find a new job in company.
Is someone knows the conditions to get a job here in Taiwan? I already have ARC and i have intermediate chinese language level.

Have a good day

etc.

There’s also a Facebook group called “Non-teaching jobs in Taipei” but they have some strict rules.

[quote=“Guenole”]Hi everyone.
I m a french man and currently living in Kaohsiung.
I’m a research assistant in environmental fields (quality, microbiology, toxicology…)with a master degree, and would like to find a new job in company.
Is someone knows the conditions to get a job here in Taiwan? I already have ARC and I have intermediate chinese language level.

Have a good day[/quote]

Hi Guenole,

I don’t have any firsthand knowledge of this subject, but here’s a three-page thread from 2012 that has the title “Finding life science related jobs in Taiwan”:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 1&t=108781

I don’t know whether or how much things may have changed in that employment field in Taiwan since 2012.

Here is an older post by headhonchoII from January of 2008; I don’t know whether you will find it helpful, but I’m linking to it just in case:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 87#p814287

The above post is part of a one-and-a-half-page thread that discusses biotech jobs. Again, the thread is fairly old, but I’m linking to it in case there’s anything useful in it.

Hope this helps.

Charlie Jack

Since that last post I realised there are many more companies out there in the sensor and diagnostic fields (mostly exporters of course). Of course there are many chemical companies too.
Most local environmental service companies will probably not hire a foreigner and pay wouldn’t be too good either. But you never know. Probably some importers and distributors may be interested.

You can’t just say ‘I want to get a job’.
What type of job do you want? What are your skills and experience? Do you have an open work permit?

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Since that last post I realised there are many more companies out there in the sensor and diagnostic fields (mostly exporters of course). Of course there are many chemical companies too.
Most local environmental service companies will probably not hire a foreigner and pay wouldn’t be too good either. But you never know. Probably some importers and distributors may be interested.

You can’t just say ‘I want to get a job’.
What type of job do you want? What are your skills and experience? Do you have an open work permit?[/quote]

I’m glad you showed up. :notworthy:

Hopefully Guenole will come back for some additional info/guidance.