FoodPanda & UberEats pay is so high, how?

Really? That’s sad…

It’s sadly inevitable when people are paid by speed of delivery. If you watch the way these delivery riders drive, it’s only a matter of time.

2 Likes

I saw one the other day on a scooter, neck jerked, looking to his rear as he rode, checking for some landmark or some such. He would’ve gone straight into anyone that pulled out in front of him.

1 Like

It doesn’t help that it’s really difficult to find addresses in Taiwan. More often than not there are no house numbers.

1 Like

Just imagine how disappointed those waiting for their lunchbox must have been
/s

5 Likes

Meh, enjoy the free delivery while it lasts. If the system fails in a year then so be it.

I found it remarkable that Uber guys made it to my hospital bed . Elevators were so slow and the delivery must have taken some time … for 30 nt or a bit more?

They don’t get a salary as they are not employed by the company, they get a per delivery pay. You want that money, drive fast and risk your live!

2 Likes

I’m thinking of the investment required to become Taipei’s best earning Uber delivery driver

• packet of binglang/coffee lollies
  • trailbike or other bike capable of very high speed/maneuverability
  • some sort of wearable tech for looking up addresses on the go, maybe Apple’s new AR glasses
2 Likes

And you don’t pay the shop, you pay the delivery company. Which then can default and takes the money from the restaurants. Honest Bee, remember?

Some kind of cage and roll bar that wraps around them and their bike ?

It’s never OK when you have to pay 30% when you’re in the food business.

Something like this design maybe:

Clearly this is a model, but I am thinking basically a go-kart with a rollcage, and the biggest motor you can get into the thing. Just trying to solve the world’s problems here.

1 Like

I see people delivering food with their gogoros and sportbikes… I mean… are they only in the business because they impulse purchased their bikes?

1 Like

It’s like the Uber guys who drive a Tesla .

Well, at least that guy is driving around in luxury, and probably has too much time anyway, looking to meet people.

The gogoro and sportbike guys are stuffing their lungs with PM2.5, enduring pouring rain and scorching sun, trying to beat rush hour traffic.

I like the service, the only problem is most of the food they sell in my area is pretty shitty. And if you walk out of the door, you can buy the same shitty food at half the price.

Love that the first reaction to the death of 2 scooter riders is the Ministry Of Labor threatening to sue the companies they work for, for not providing insurance. Nothing about the cause of the accidents and/or efforts to improve the generally appalling driving displayed on Taiwan’s roads.

8 Likes

It doesn’t matter if it’s shitty food, delivered food is always more or less shitty. Shitty food doesn’t become more shitty.