FoodPanda & UberEats pay is so high, how?

Agree, I work in a certain field and you wouldn’t believe how small amounts can quickly add up and make a nice remuneration after a 30 days span.

And take 20% service fee from the driver’s pay too I’m sure!
Not sure about Taiwan but here the driver has to take the GST out of their earnings too, on top of that!
Although scooters are a lot cheaper to run than cars you still gotta take those costs into account
And outside of certain hours there probably a lot more drivers than there are jobs
Although at least if someone doesn’t show up you get to eat their food

The guys have to wait around for the food to be ready sometimes. I would hate that. You don’t get paid for that. In my opinion you have to be kind of desperate to do this kind of job. I really hope these kind of work conditions don’t spread more generally.

Cold shitty food is more shitty than hot shitty food, in most cases!

1 Like

I don’t think the companies have done anything wrong, if the delivery drivers are independent contractors then it is up to them to provide their own insurance. At least back home all food delivery drivers (Pizza hut etc.) were contractors supplying their own vehicle etc.

I guess here though the government will find some nitpick reason if they don’t like the companies though.

1 Like

MOL officially determined the companies and food delivery people are employer and employee.

4 Likes

I do not think they take anything like 20% from the drivers pay here in KHH? It seems at least for now, it’s the “company” paying extra 20% to get people to do this. Uber eating their cash from the IPO.

3 dead in 5 days. Be safe on those scooters folks :joy:

Saw a Gogoro wedged under car before 65 on-ramp from Xinzhuang last night coming from meeting, and then a guy on ground in middle of crossing in Sanxia 30 min later.

Be safe! :motor_scooter::broken_heart:

3 Likes

Food Panda dude told me they are offered shifts. They hate the late night early morning shift cause they are waiting around a lot.

Some riders take on extra shifts. Working more = more tired = more accidents.

Who’s liable for accidents. The driver or the employer. That’s what needs addressing.

Whoever is at fault not following traffic rules?

3 Likes

If they were overworked/tired/stressed it may be more complicated than that. :slight_smile:

Then they are at fault, you can not drive when you are over exhausted and not able to pay attention on the road. If you take extra shifts you’re at fault.

Company should pay attention on their drivers’ condition.

And the drivers should know when they are incapable, not accept a delivery.

they are supposed to do so , but not everyone may do correctly, so company should pay attention and manage them.

The company is at fault if it allows employees to take multiple shifts. If I get hit by an over-worked driver I’m suing his employer, not him.

3 Likes

tiredness may have affected their judgement!

That has always been my excuse for living here :whistle:

2 Likes

"… Foodpanda, Uber Eats and Lalamove — claim that they do not have employment relations with their deliverers, who work for them as “independent contractors.”

However, the remaining four platforms consider their deliverers as employees, and they are therefore covered by labor insurance … "

Who are the other four?