FoodPanda & UberEats pay is so high, how?

So everyone can stay seated on the sofa!

I am sorry to weight in my dumb question here, but if UberEats is charging 32-35 percent to the restaurants, then how on earth can restaurants accept such an insulting business-contract ?
How do restaurants still make money based on such shitty deals ?

charge it to the customers?

The restaurants usually reduce their portion sizes when sending food out with uber.

Sell a Pasta for - $250
Restaurant cost = $90
They make = $160

Via Uber reduce portion size by 25%
Saves $23

$250 - $90 cost - $23 - $80(Uber commission)
= $57 profit / 23%

When the restaurant gets busy they shut off Uber & turn it back on when they have time.

Gross profit that need to pay for wages, utilities, rent, and all other costs.
If the above profit were true no restaurant would survive.

If your food cost is 90 NT$ than you need to charge 270 NT$.

1 Like

Uber makes a massive profit eh.

Yes and no. They can get less profit margin with higher turnover and maximising their existing capital . They won’t need to invest much more to cater for Uber.

The delivery part is way over the top.

More competition will be good then. If there’s only two big companies they will keep the commission high.

But if you noodles or rice local style their food cost is probably 15-20%

Is Uber or Uber Eats disappearing next month?

i saw a news story that they earn an average 40 000 ntd per month? thats not bad. anyone got a link?

The link I have on the first post, has comments on NT$ million per year/ NT$100,000 per month thus this topic. Here is another link (not sure it confirm’s anything) 美食外送員月入10萬?他曝薪資結構

This news?

https://udn.com/news/story/120775/4107015

2 Likes

Too right. People too lazy to even go out to get bloody take away food. All because people are so “time poor” these days. We are turning into the people in the spaceship in Wall-E.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Just like the BMW uber drivers here in Berlin

Madness in front of high schools before lunch time

1 Like

“Time poor” is the biggest lie of the century.

1 Like