FoodPanda & UberEats pay is so high, how?

Delivery rider who rides 16-hour days hailed “Five Platform Rider”

1 Like
1 Like

Our family still have never used any food delivery service in Taiwan (except for post partum service ).
We just don’t see the need , I guess I just tell the wife whip something up in the kitchen. :grin:
We don’t mind walking around outside either.

2 Likes

That sounds safe.

5 Likes

No perspective or even slightest allusion to the occupational safety of such long hours. Every major platform got their branding shown. :thinking:

3 Likes

Extreme hours seem to be talked about every now and then, like when someone dies from working too much. It seems extremely long hour is the SOP here. I mean I heard the going rate for day labor is 2000nt a day, so if they could make more than this driving for uber eats, even 100nt more, they would flock to it.

Truck driver, who just got his drink delivered, killed the delivery driver on a scooter shortly after in an accident.

1 Like

And the Uber Eats guy that destroyed the noodles stand? It was on the news a few days ago.

Yea 9 times out of 10 trick driver runs over someone, and they have NO alcohol in their system. So it has nothing to do with being drunk, just most truck drivers don’t care to look.

2 Likes

Sad way to go.

1 Like

Many restrictions imposed on the restaurants by delivery companies deemed illegal. :+1:

https://www.ftc.gov.tw/internet/main/doc/docDetail.aspx?uid=126&docid=16841

6 Likes

That’s a whole story I didn’t get anything from as it’s garbled.

Try this

4 Likes

Why is Starbucks no longer on UberEats? :disappointed:

Maybe they don’t want pay the fee.

I thought they do what all other places do, raise prices by 25% on UberEats so that they make the same amount at the end of the day after the 20% cut is taken by UberEats.

Would be too expensive I reckon.

1 Like

In Taiwan, if I go to Starbucks it would be to sit there and not takeaway. So many other better and cheaper choices for takeaway.

In Belgium Deliveroo went from 7 Euros per delivery to 2-4 Euros/delivery for delivery people. Once the market is saturated, competition will squeeze prices down.