Foreign English teacher kicks elderly woman's suitcase, curses Taiwanese on Taipei MRT

A foreigner english teacher bumped someones suitcase and it’s national news this pseudo country has issues. Since when can’t you tell someone to fuck off properly. I see shitheads on the mrt everyday. Exactly the guy from spain almost stabbed to death, where are his apologies? I would gave cursed him much worse, why he not mind his own bussiness?

2 Likes

And a valuable lesson was learned by all.

Geez man up and take it outside. I’d feel such a weakling if I reported someone to the police for that. “I’m reporting you for insulting the dignity of my people”. Nice to see free speech is alive and well.

4 Likes

Whoever said this was a “free” country?
Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore.
I think it is wise to remember from time to time that we are no longer in our respective home countries. We are in Taiwan where they have their own laws, own culture and own way of doing things. No matter our residence status, we are outsiders bringing our culture and expectations into Taiwan.

Taiwan may be a democracy, a fledgling one at that. However, that does not mean it has the same freedoms and liberties the USA, Canada, Australia, the U.K. and other western countries have. The foundations of the culture and way things are done were built upon centuries of Chinese way of doing things. Best to remember this.

The guy was out of line for going off on commuters. He should keep his temper in check.

8 Likes

Foreigners joining in on the witch hunt makes me sad. We all have bad days. Let the police deal with this.

Wish both Taiwanese and foreigners would get more angry with the mass tax evasion and disregard for traffic and labor laws here, rather than this stuff

10 Likes

Yeah, let’s just face facts a moment, freedom and liberty are not by a long way guaranteed you in the US.

I’m a pretty big guy so I enjoy blocking the whole doorway stopping anybody from getting on or off. Shuffle lot the left and shuffle to the right matching their movements until they move…

1 Like

Step 1 is they need to confirm which country he was insulting first. Didn’t he say "F…ing Chinese ". Did he mean The Republic of China or did he say Taiwan? Was the guy angry that he was called a Chinese rather than a Taiwanese? Which country was the accused referring to? by the way WO Ai Taiwan

1 Like

Good point. Maybe he thought the old lady was a mainland tourist. Maybe she was part of a tour group and the whole lot of them set him off.

1 Like

How petty is this? What are we in the 1st grade?
When people push or shove or cut in line, just yield. Who really gives a crap who is first on or off? Is it rude of them? Yes. But just let it go. I see it all the time with elementary kids, shoving and pushing and bullying their way to be first in line. Is this not a lesson we learned when we were 7 years old? Grow up people and just be polite. It looks pathetic and petty to bite back when someone wrongs you in such a minor way.

1 Like

Try getting off the train when it’s packed and a whole bunch of idiots can’t even follow the line markings on the ground and try to push their way in. People generally only give a shit about themselves. In the MRT at peak hour (or any other time for that matter) you find they’re more obvious about this. All I’m trying to do is get off t my stop. Just look at the ground and follow what everybody else is doing and it all works fine. Cut in line and block the entire exit then what do you think is going to happen…

Witch hunt? I don’t see anyone out in the streets with pitch forks hunting this guy down. I agree with just letting it go and let the police handle any laws that were broken.

The guy allegedly physically assaulted an elderly person and then very loudly verbally insulted people around him. Was he in bad form? Yes. Is it worthy of a fine or jail sentence? No, I don’t think so. A lecture by the police on the rules about insulting people is enough. Are there bigger things to worry about? For sure.

Yes we do all have bad days. But that doesn’t justify going around kicking and screaming like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum. As adults, we are expected to have grown out of that phase by now. Having a bad day? Go home and hit a punching bag a few times, go for a run, scream into a pillow, vent through wild sex, have a beer or two. But don’t throw a tantrum in public. It just looks pathetic.

1 Like

The polite and adult thing to do is to say excuse me a few times in English or Chinese, loud enough to be heard. If they don’t move, gently wedge your way through.

1 Like

Where on earth do you get that from???

4 Likes

we should…BURN HIM AT THE STAKE! !!

2 Likes

bURNING’S too good for him, FRY HIM IN ACID!

1 Like

The guy was wrong and he should have apologized without being forced to. It is funny that a forced apology has some value here and people are laughing at Taiwan and all of us here.
I agree with @SuiGeneris about the locals needing to be concerned with the bigger fish like tax evasion, etc. But this is Taiwan and their culture. They’ll defend the forced apology crap just like they’ll defend to the end why the poor landlords can’t pay their fair share of taxes with the statement…This is Taiwan, you don’t understand…I’m a permanent guest and fortunately there are many other good things about this place.

4 Likes

He allegedly kicked her suitcase.
Excuse me, The guy allegedly physically assaulted an elderly person’s suitcase.

“the alleged foreigner allegedly kicked a balmy suitcase belonging to an allegedly elder person”

2 Likes

Right.
Because the two are practically the same thing.

So how’s the pay at Apple Daily anyway???

2 Likes