Foreign Females where do you find guys! HELP

[quote=“shedastud”]
(if anyone bashes my post and it helps him getting laid, please PM me. Thanks.)[/quote]

take it easy. :sunglasses:

Seriously, ImaniOU, who on earth in their right mind would want to marry a guy as grumpy as Wolf?

[quote=“skroewe”]Hi hello desperate girl.

The problem is not you - it is the sex you belong to. Western woman have this set rules by wich they want to live. You must phone /cards/ etc. Catch my drift.
Nothing wrong with that also but the Asian girls just enjoy our company and dare I say - not any problems when it comes to bedtime. No headaches or feeble excuses.
I would also like to go out with someone who understand every word etc but thinking of the rest - keeps me at the side of my Chinese girl.
[/quote]

Diamonds are the girl’s best friend - 4Cs

But what some guys don’t know is that some women are slightly more advanced with the 5Cs - Cash, Credit Card, Condo, Car, Career. :astonished: :aiyo: :tic:

Asian women are famous for this. Remember that in Asia, women don’t have the same upward mobility in society that western women have at their disposal. So “femininity” is a tool similar to the peacock’s feathers to attract that “catch”.

If you noticed the ads all over Taiwan, there are so many products aimed at making the woman thin, beautiful and “feminine”. The market large and demand insatiable. Marrying well is part of women’s mental processes - more than most western women where “they don’t need a man” attitude pervades. What they consider marrying well is as diverse as the kind of men and women are out there. YMMV.

Good one…

[quote]
If you noticed the ads all over Taiwan, there are so many products aimed at making the woman thin, beautiful and “feminine”. The market large and demand insatiable. Marrying well is part of women’s mental processes - more than most western women where “they don’t need a man” attitude pervades. What they consider marrying well is as diverse as the kind of men and women are out there. YMMV.[/quote]

Oh my word, someone needs to go back to the states or canada… :astonished: Honey, I should be in therapy for all the ads that i have been exposed to in my 32 years. As well as the beliefs I have been exposed to. Women all over the world are ‘oppressed’ by the beauty monster.

Wolf, most guys(98%) wouldn’t make those replies to cute girls! Great comedy though!

The book was a real book about people she’d meet traveling.
The Polish girl was being honest, yet naive. …and HOT!
The girl looking to workout was a dance instructor in Canada
etc.etc.

Just trying to let her know be natural and why wait for the guy to move 1st!?!

Were you at the happy hour last night? :smiley:[/quote]

I stayed home because I was afeared that I would be torn limb from limb by rampaging western nymphos. I’m too young to die.

But if I hade been there, you would remember. I don’t care how crowded the place was, how many men there were, how much you had to drink. I don’t care if you were utterly shitfaced, stoned, anaesthetised and lobotomised. If I had been there, you would know about it.

Good. Having that that macho crap out of my system, let me also add that I’m going to a birthday party tonight and need a date or three. I’m working 'til 9, close to Sogo, and the event will be held in a bar/club nearby. Live band, I believe. The host is always late so we have a bit of time to kill, and I have to be home early 'cos I’ve got a busy day tomorrow. So no shagging tonight but it’s a good way to meet new friends!

But you’re all going to a strip club instead, aren’t you? If not then ask, er, the female moderators know my mobile number.

I don’t go to strip clubs and I don’t know where those clubs are. Not even interested in going any one.

[quote=“namastestore”][quote=“Yellow Cartman”]
But what some guys don’t know is that some women are slightly more advanced with the 5Cs - Cash, Credit Card, Condo, Car, Career. :astonished: :aiyo: :tic:
[/quote]
Good one…[/quote]

A couple of years ago, an article about SE women, written by a woman talked about these 5Cs and how women (in Singapore) nowadays are so intensely focused on these issues.

The funny thing is that when I mentioned it to the (Asian) older women generation (e.g. our parents generation) they laughed. They said, women were always into that. It’s nothing new, the woman is the same, but the dress has changed. I would say that their mentality were similar to that thread about the 50s women or women in the movie Mona Lisa smile that Julia Stiles portrayed and that Julia Roberts fought to liberate.

My male cousins and friends from the SE region talk about this a bit. You’ll find that there’s been some stereotypical shifts in thinking about women and their desirability (e.g. marriage material). People’s thinking have shifted considerably.

The pecking order used to be:

1. Hong Kong women - most beautiful but also an attitude to match. If you think you might not be able to “afford” her, you can’t. For most men, it was like don’t-even-think-about-it-dude. Mothers don’t want their sons marrying HK women.
  2. Taiwanese women - Most desirable. Not that materialistic, down-to-earth Asian values, and beautiful. Over time, materialism has caught up and now rank up there with HK women. Still all-in-all, very desirable.
  3. PRC women - With the boom time over the past 10 years, PRC women rank up their with the HKers as among the most competitive and cunning. The innocence is gone, and now the materialism has swept over. Years ago, a simple green card offer was enough to get you the best of the best the mainland had to offer. Now it’s enough to barely get you a second look. Lots of Taiwanese and other Asian men have been “captured” and burned.
  4. Singaporean women - If you couldn’t afford the Taiwanese women, Singaporean women were it. But no longer. They’re in competition with the HKers.
  5. Malaysia women - what Taiwanese women were 10-15 years ago. Down-to-earth, traditional Asian values and pretty untainted by the materialism exhibited by their Asian sisters. KL because of its cosmopolitan nature is a bit competitive, though. You know that Singapore Airline flight attendants are recruited from Malaysia? :wink: Yep, the Singapore girl priced herself out of the flight attendant market so SA had to go to Malaysia. Malaysian women–underrated and under-appreciated.
  6. Up and comers - Vietnam and Thailand. Aren’t just for the sex tour nuts. Anecdottally, men from China, Taiwan, Singapore, HK, US who are not happy with home pickings go there to find their wives. For those women, it’s a ticket to security and out of poverty. Whether the price is too high, well, that’s for them to know.

Sure, it sucks being a woman in Asia. It’s a 24 hour job having to cater to your guy. It’s easier to just work for yourself, have a career etc. But that isn’t available for most women here. And if you’re good enough and successful enough to be on your own, imagine the back-biting in a patriarchal society such as Taiwan…and western women think they have it tough?

As for the mistress thing. It’s there. Always there. Hasn’t changed in our mother’s mother, mothers, girlfriend times, wives times. Men are men, women are women in Asia. Roles will change a lot slower than in the west. Is this topic talked about among the newly weds? My guess probably so. It was in mine and the honeymoon just started. We have an understanding of this issue. It consisted of an out-of-the-blue simple statement.
Her: “Whatever you do, don’t bring it home.”
Me: “…”

If anything, I find women to be extremely practical minded - firmly grounded in reality. They understand what the score is. The score is the score, liking it or hating it isn’t going to change it. So get it out in the open, out of the way quickly and get on with life.

Interesting comments, thanks for all. Most replies were from the guys. Hey that is OK and a few places were mentioned, but I do have some new ideas.

ImaniOU I like Will Ferrel too, he’s not really that fat and he’s funny. Funny guys can get women, but sure I’d take Colin, unless he’s a jerk. Player 101 said women will approach him, and pickup lines or not I thought some of those were all good ways to start a conversation. I may have to get off my butt and make first contact. Many women still do, but I am open to starting some chit chat. I think Wolf is just being funny unless he’s really uptight.

Finally Shesdastud! I’m ready for a catfight, because you misread my post and don’t get it. I’m hung up on looks??? Did I say that.!!! I said guys that are not nerdy! Meaning sloppy clothes, messy hair, poor manners, glasses that are poorly chosen and guys with no sense of care in regards to self. That goes for Expats more so because they should have some pride and don’t live their lives stuck in books for almost 20yrs. Not all guys are like this but, I’ve seen my share here. Beer bellies are caused by what…good diet, or eating salads and fruit, drinking water, NO! Not taking care of yourself in most cases, exercise, diet and some pride! I did not say washboard ABS! Not a GQ model. Just a decently built guy with some pride who keeps in ok shape. I do see guys like this as well on the streets.
Hey, I just wanted some help on where to go after being here for less than 6months.

Cheers!

[quote=“Dangergyrl”] Hey, I just wanted some help on where to go after being here for less than 6months.
[/quote]

Well, why didn’t you go to the Forumosa Happy Hour and ask for Steve? :wink:

[quote=“Dangergyrl”]Interesting comments, thanks for all. Most replies were from the guys. Hey that is OK and a few places were mentioned, but I do have some new ideas.

ImaniOU I like Will Ferrel too, he’s not really that fat and he’s funny. Funny guys can get women, but sure I’d take Colin, unless he’s a jerk. Player 101 said women will approach him, and pickup lines or not I thought some of those were all good ways to start a conversation. I may have to get off my butt and make first contact. Many women still do, but I am open to starting some chit chat. I think Wolf is just being funny unless he’s really uptight.

Finally Shesdastud! I’m ready for a catfight, because you misread my post and don’t get it. I’m hung up on looks??? Did I say that.!!! I said guys that are not nerdy! Meaning sloppy clothes, messy hair, poor manners, glasses that are poorly chosen and guys with no sense of care in regards to self. That goes for Expats more so because they should have some pride and don’t live their lives stuck in books for almost 20yrs. Not all guys are like this but, I’ve seen my share here. Beer bellies are caused by what…good diet, or eating salads and fruit, drinking water, NO! Not taking care of yourself in most cases, exercise, diet and some pride! I did not say washboard ABS! Not a GQ model. Just a decently built guy with some pride who keeps in ok shape. I do see guys like this as well on the streets.
Hey, I just wanted some help on where to go after being here for less than 6months.

Cheers![/quote]

Where have all the young expat men gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone for xiojies every one
When will they western women ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

This year

So, that’s the reality… :astonished: Seems to me(reading btw the lines) that men who choose to do this are seeing themselves as vaulable enough(?) to be able to select from around the world, i.e. why settle for this(western) when I could ‘outsource’ myself to a ‘higher’ bidder’ at a ‘cheaper’ rate… Hmmm, makes me think well, if the guys are broading their dating range based on those possible thoughts, then WTH am I doing and where do I begin to look?!!

[quote=“Dangergyrl”]I said guys that are not nerdy! Meaning sloppy clothes, messy hair, poor manners, glasses that are poorly chosen and guys with no sense of care in regards to self. That goes for Expats more so because they should have some pride and don’t live their lives stuck in books for almost 20yrs. Not all guys are like this but, I’ve seen my share here. Beer bellies are caused by what…good diet, or eating salads and fruit, drinking water, NO! Not taking care of yourself in most cases, exercise, diet and some pride! I did not say washboard ABS! Not a GQ model. Just a decently built guy with some pride who keeps in ok shape. I do see guys like this as well on the streets.
[/quote]

Darrrrrling… :noway: Now I can see why the xiaojies get all the play… they take it and work with it. Don’t sound like you are doing that… You say your post wasn’t about ‘looks’ but then you go on to say the above which could be concieved as ‘about looks’. Darrrrling, i hope that you are willing to play the same game, i.e. keep yourselve looking ‘good’ and in ok shape once the comfortable stage creeps in in any relationship you may have here, or else you’ll understand why these guys go for the xiaojies-they DON’T nitpick about the simple shitmit…

HAPPY HOUR in here?? What and when is that??

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Listen if people are happy with their figures, do a moderate amount of exercise, and are all around decent human beings, why knock them? That you are criticizing portly men here in Taiwan, causes me to conclude one thing: you don

Second Wednesday or Thursday of the month alternately, location varies but always a place with good food and drink, where Forumosans get together offline. Last one was this Wednesday just passed and a fine time was had by all, by all accounts.
Next one, I imagine, will be on Thursday Dec. 9, which gives me time to clean my teeth, eat some salad, polish my shoes, wisely choose some glasses (WTF is THAT all about :laughing:), etc. Gee, I DO hope I can pass muster! :wink:

Dangergyrl wrote:

Or trying to be.
PLAYER101 wrote:

But imagine the hutzpah those 2 percent have!

(Not all of us stay here because we have to because of a wife.)

Let me make a quick answer to the question: Foreign Females where do you find guys! HELP
Women have all the power. All you need to do is turn the tables and walk right up and introduce yourself to the guy you want and ask to take him out for coffee or something. He will think he’d just won the lottery.
(That, by the way, has never happened to me.)
By the way, I am assuming that you are reasonably attractive and not repulsive. Then your quest might be more difficult (but not impossible).

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]
Let me make a quick answer to the question: Foreign Females where do you find guys! HELP
Women have all the power. All you need to do is turn the tables and walk right up and introduce yourself to the guy you want and ask to take him out for coffee or something. He will think he’d just won the lottery.
(That, by the way, has never happened to me.)
By the way, I am assuming that you are reasonably attractive and not repulsive. Then your quest might be more difficult (but not impossible).[/quote]

Okay, I take that as a challenge…should we women start a statistical thing to prove this in/vaild?
:serenade: :saywhat:

Wolf is right. If a woman makes the first move, and she’s not circus-freak material, and the guy turns her down, there are only a few possible reasons:

1. He’s gay
  2. He’s taken
  3. He’s an idiot
  4. He’s dumbfounded by the fact a woman actually made the first move and wasn’t firing on all cylinders (he’ll come around quick enough though).

If a girl I didn’t know came up to me and asked me out point blank, she’d probably feel dissed at first, because I’d just stand there and look around…for a while. I’d check for glitches in The Matrix while waiting for someone to walk across the stage and say “You have just entered the twilight zone.” Then I’d look around to see if I could find the hidden cameras. I’d probably stand there looking around until she says something like “Hellooo, I’m talking to y…” I’d cut her off with my finger on her lips, trying to be cool and sexy, but instead getting under her lip and pushing it up on her face. Followed by, “I love you.”