Foreign Guy Brutally Beaten in Taichung

Agreed.

But there’s no mention at all of drugs in the Yahoo report. The report mentions twice that he was coming on to a female customer in the bar, but doesn’t say if she was with another guy. Perhaps there was something going on between her and one of the bar staff, and the guy got mad when he saw the foreigner making approaches to her.[/quote]

Well, thanks for that. I had just seen more than one mention that the incident was brought about by his supposed usage or that he was dealing them. Either way…I think that this situation is maddening. I really hope that one day that the foreign community could do something about this by an equal show of force. I do feel that some of the fear that foreigners have is that they may offend a few people when being in someone elses cuntry by saying or doing the wrong thing. Same can’t be said when I see it happen where I’m from when dealing with ‘foreigners’ (drugs, guns, prostitution of their fellow women, murders and thuggery). The couple of Canucks who got nicked here admitted to their wrongdoing and took full responsibility. Keep that in mind.

Oh and …drugs in the foreign community can’t hold a fricken candle to the K snortin’, E swallowin’, Da Ma puffin’, Charles in Charge Tai Ke badboys on this rock. It’s a farce and I wonder why the powers that be can’t see this.

The shit smells even worse. Jdspouse is reporting that the Mayor of Taichung has offerred NT 500k to the family. Mom rejected saying they can afford it. But, she said, she was waiting for a proper investigation of the case.

She gonna be here a while.

I am also appalled. If you haven’t seen the bruises, they look pretty damn bad. And now to find out that they are a MONTH old? That kid is lucky to be around. Period.

I wonder how many Taiwanese guys have had their asses kicked by “staff” in that place?

This just reeks of corruption, and I hate corruption that only benefits assholes.

MONSTER, I don’t think the answer is some kind of foreign uprising. WHat we need is an office of people to follow up on these slapyourhead cases against foreigners that get swept away by the locals due to cultural stupidity, incompetence or plain old corruption.

I’d sign that petition.

[quote=“jdsmith”]The shit smells even worse. Jdspouse is reporting that the Mayor of Taichung has offerred NT 500k to the family. Mom rejected saying they can afford it. But, she said, she was waiting for a proper investigation of the case.

She gonna be here a while.

I am also appalled. If you haven’t seen the bruises, they look pretty damn bad. And now to find out that they are a MONTH old? That kid is lucky to be around. Period.

I wonder how many Taiwanese guys have had their asses kicked by “staff” in that place?

This just reeks of corruption, and I hate corruption that only benefits assholes.

MONSTER, I don’t think the answer is some kind of foreign uprising. WHat we need is an office of people to follow up on these slapyourhead cases against foreigners that get swept away by the locals due to cultural stupidity, incompetence or plain old corruption.

I’d sign that petition.[/quote]

Sensible post.

Yet, I think about flying in some dudes from Toronto, Van City, London, Scotland, Cali, New Orleans, Boston, Pittsburg, Detroit, Alabama or even Kingston Jamaica just to watch these flip flop fuckers run.

Just sit in front of the place for a month and videotape. In that length of time, something will happen outside if there truly is a “problem” in this bar.

If not, maybe the gansters aren’t lying through their filthy red teeth.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

The Netherlands should threaten to expel some Taiwanese citizens if a proper investigation is not conducted and the perpetrators brought to justice. Reciprocity and all that.

I should have mentioned some of the riggers from Alberta as well. Regardless, it would be ab-sol-fuckin-lutely hilarious to watch these pint sized humanoids quiver in their boots and pai sai themselves into heaven after being caught running because they tripped over their 100ntd sandals.

You guys are truly optimists. You actually expect justice to be served in Taiwan.

BTW: I have small bridge between brooklyn & manhattan for sale if you’re interested.

No, you are incorrect. I think it is not possible to get justice in this country, because what I see as justice and what is judged here to be justice are two fundamentally different things.

I believe in change. Change comes all the time. Things change all the time. Some things change slower and need pushes to get to better places from worse ones.

This is not the first foreigner to be beaten in Taichung, or Taiwan. In fact, a foreign woman was murdered in her kitchen a few years back. Police were baffled.

I wasn’t kidding with monster earlier. If there were a petition to sign that stated how absolutely fucked up this case is already, and also expressed how incompetent the Taiching police are, I’d sign it.

I will burn both those bridges! woot!

Actually, the really scary damage was the blow to the pancreas. You only get one of these, and if it goes, you go. There aint no replacing that little puppy, and to damage that requires a very firm stab movement with a baton or something similar. Although I’m no coroner, I’d call that evidence of intent to kill.

So mum is in Taiwan? Does she have help? Is there anything practical the foreign community can do on this?

HG

JD. I hope you’re right, but I don’t dare to. I’ve seen too much evidence to the contrary.

Justice in Taiwan for me means the lady who got mugged on the street, went to the police, ID’d the criminal and then had the police release her home address to the criminals brother who promptly threatened payback.

Yes. I remember that case. Still unsolved isn’t it?

[quote=“Chaon”]Guy’s name is Davey, and the beating took place at Xaga (Zaga?) disco in Tiger City. Six security guys with batons. They kept beating him and telling him to confess that he was selling or taking drugs. He didn’t have any drugs, but finally gave them a bloody fingerprint as signature to a confession they wanted him to sign.

He was in the hospital last I heard, and this was two weeks after the incident. Three operations so far. His Mom is here, and is a very nice lady.

Davey is about 5’ 6" tall, and weighs about half a Chaon.[/quote]
6 (+ batons) vs 1.
That’s malevolent. Evil, even.
I hope all the best goes out to the lad, and his brave mom.
I pray she’s getting some good legal advice, as this could be some quandry.

As obviously identifiable foreigners is this xenophobic society, it’s natural for a few of us to get up in arms about this.
Yet, realistically speaking: What can possibly be done to prevent a similiar occurance in the future? Other than pursuit thru legal means?
More violence, however justified and hungered for, will certainly only worsen the big picture.
Awareness, of course, is always important.
Be careful out there, folks. Don’t overextend thyselves, and most certainly always have a keen eye open for a quick exit.

Once more, I sincerely hope Davey recovers from his wounds.
No offence: real or imagined, that could possibly occur in a public bar warrants such foul, nefarious, and atrocious behaviour.

[quote=“Elegua”]JD. I hope you’re right, but I don’t dare to. I’ve seen too much evidence to the contrary.

Justice in Taiwan for me means the lady who got mugged on the street, went to the police, ID’d the criminal and then had the police release her home address to the criminals brother who promptly threatened payback.

Yes. I remember that case. Still unsolved isn’t it?[/quote]

Was that the women that had just flown back from Singapore and apparently disturbed a robbery?

HG

My wife and I have a guest room near Banciao station which is just 1/2 hour train ride to the hospital. If mom doesn’t have a place to stay, please PM me and the room is hers along with all the grub she needs. Happy to help out any way we can. This sucks in soooo many ways.

The thing with Taiwan is that things get swept under the carpet unless A LOT OF NOISE is produced. Pressure from abroad and all that will get the TAiwanese to move on it. Otherwise, its back to biz as usual. You have to remember that Taiwan is in many ways a gangster nation (ie nation of gangsters). The Taiwanese Yakuza is stronger in TAiwan then the ones in Japan are in Japan. And they are very strong in Japan.

The underworld economy or black economy is very large in Taiwan. As evidenced in TAichung for one. They pay out a lot of money to law enforcement and judges and everyone else in law enforcement. IN fact often the police have to call on their gangster buds for help to solve crimes.

Taiwan as a Country is kinda a gangster Country too in the world today. Its recognized by hardly anyone, tolerated by the rest. It doesnt necessarily listen or follow what the world tells it to do because it doesnt have to.

Still I think the good outweighs the bad in TAiwan. And the nation as a whole is pretty good. But the criminal element is very strong.

But most people dont run into the real gangsters in TAiwan (who are more then likely to befriend you and offer you wine and girls). Its the scooter monkeys and wannabees that you actually are more likely to have problems with.

This looks like a case of some poor guy being drunk and unruly and playing with the wrong girl who called up the bouncers (who are probably scooter monkeys in the daytime) and you have what you have. They are cowards who only can fight six to one and armed.

Why isn’t the Dutch government up in arms over this? It’s easy to say that we locals should come together and query the lack of investigation, but really, if things are to progress, it will take a letter from the Dutch government. If any government should care, they should. Where is the outrage?

Is this a good time to chime in about the rampant xenophobia that has grip the island because of green terror…

I’m not clear on this. The victim claims the gang beat him up because of drugs, but we suspect it is more likely he flirted with the wrong girl?

I think there is more to this story…

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Is this a good time to chime in about the rampant xenophobia that has grip the island because of green terror…

I’m not clear on this. The victim claims the gang beat him up because of drugs, but we suspect it is more likely he flirted with the wrong girl?

I think there is more to this story…[/quote]

Should we rename you? ‘Sherlock’ comes to mind. Clues!

Well, jinkies, just feed me some Scoobie snacks. It’s not like I was planning to meddle or anything.