Forumosa vs. Taiwaneasy, Forumosa then vs. now

It’s against the site rules. They get modded anyways, flagging probably just makes it faster.

It’s probably not good for the forum to haves threads dedicated to shitting on another poster. No one wants to read that. It’s not great for other and people browsing to see them.

4 Likes

Welllllll… a couple have been entertaining…

Yeah. Some people are just psycho though. It seems some people take things too personally and internalizes some deep feelings. Like that last jimmy guy who had a lot of feelings about my opinions and wrote a long post before it got modded out, but I’ve never even heard of him so…there’s that.

1 Like

@tando’s flags have been very welcome. I kind of remember what she means but it was one time well in the past. I can’t think of anyone who has a habit of flagging excessively or inappropriately.

Language, it depends, but I think it should be for personal attacks, and definitely in lieu of attacking back.

I think one of the parameters for deciding which posts are automatically hidden is the flagger’s previous approval rate (the flags have to be approved, disapproved or ignored by mods) which makes sense. We’ll see if the hiding gets too annoying–I have the “sensitivity” on it set to “low” now. It may not be low enough lol

There is an ignore function you can access on users’ member pages (click on their icon and then again on the popup) under the “Message” button, it usually reads “Normal”.

4 Likes

Sweet. That sure is hidden.
I like this style…

Super easy to add to your ignore list.

phpBB was very flexible in many ways, but you gotta love Discourse IMO

It’s incredibly popular now. Everyone seems to be using it now.

1 Like

ive been awol and plan to remain so but just for the record have NOT been flagging posts sending any PMs or even signed in.

wishing success and prosperity to all of you

How did you send this message ? :wink:

I said I love Donald Trump really loud into Siri. Voila. Logged right in.

4 Likes

I tried it with , “ I love AOC” , but it just took me to an Alinski booksite :wink:

1 Like

Now it’s around 90 degrees here in Tex-ass today : that’s probably below freezin’ to you-all sell-see-us folks.

I just knew it! Welcome to MAGA country, buddy. :grin:

2 Likes

Taiwaneasy still seems to be down as of right now. Somebody on this forum must know the real reason why that website is down. I’m just surprised nobody has addressed it here. Have the website owners just decided to call it quits over there? Not enough money to pay their web-hosting provider? That whole birth and possible death of that website (at least the forum section) seems to be shrouded in secrecy.

Too annoying mods. They put everybody off and now not even the mods want to use it anymore.

There’s no secrecy, we’ve discussed it ad nauseum. Philosophical differences between Gus and Anthony; breakaway site. Failure of new site to gain momentum/pull Flobsters across; inevitable crash and burn.

2 Likes

Ok, that’s well understood. But why has it shut down now? The site owner just decided to shut it down without any notice/warning? Ran out of money to pay their web hosting service? Its very strange.

There’s been zero action there for 2 years. You start a thread and it’s basically a blog. I quite enjoyed talking to myself about the Doors, but it’s nice to have other posters chipping in occasionally.

It’s possible that the owners are putting it into hibernation with a view to a future relaunch. More likely is it’s not worth the hassle to run. These things happen in business.

I don’t know, though.

3 Likes

Jimi said it was just site maintenance and Anthony said on their FB page the site is under reconstruction. I’d imagine he’s trying to do something so he doesn’t have to be out of pocket for hosting fees.

1 Like

1 Like