Forumosa vs. Taiwaneasy, Forumosa then vs. now

for my part i don’t even know about Tealit. lol. For good or evil i only haunt these shores.

I’ve never seen another forum like forumosa. Most forms have died out or are for very specific purposes.

Wish we get more posters or retain them, we get a few that post for a few weeks and drop off.

4 Likes

I thought we agreed never to mention Chu-mi on these boards again. She was singularly repsonsible for the great penicillin famine of 2003 and some us have never been the same since. :wilted_flower::fried_egg::rice_cracker:

1 Like

I’m always curious if any of you are in this video.

https://youtu.be/juIKqwy9beg

1 Like

Does anyone still use Tealit? I’m not even sure what it is or was. I heard that once upon a time people found jobs on there, so I had imagined it was a job-board like Dave’s ESL Cafe… but I tried visiting it and it was just really confusing and hard to navigate.

Chu-mi does exist, but phones didn’t have cameras back then :idunno:

(Don’t mind them, Chu-mi, we will always have Pali)

1 Like

You see, as a proud American that loves freedom I was starting to worry that people on the internet didn’t love Donald Trump enough. This was just a test to see if everyone REALLY loved Trump and America. You all passed. Great work.

And we couldn’t have done it without you, man. Group hug!

1 Like

Hey thanks! :slight_smile:

Hope you’re having a grrrrrreat summer.

I know she exists. I was there, I saw what happened. It was carnage.

That’s funny, after I read your post tested that out just to see what happens…No Alinsky, but I got a bunch of robo calls, pizzas I didn’t order, a SWAT team showed up at my place, and I ended up on a no fly list.

I guess I need to update my OS or something.

For cryin out loud, you guys, jeeziss.
What the hell happened to the midnight group blood oath we all swore?
Am I the only one who remembers the blind roaring horror visited upon us all by She Who Shall Not Be Named, the bone snapping, blood freezing terror of the Popo Bawa Who Flies At Night And Crushes Souls In The Noonday Sun?
I suppose the memory of our fallen brethren means nothing anymore? Or those who survived with only a single nut or three functional toes intact?

I implore you to stop revisiting this dark, terrifying Lovecraftian chapter in our history and, by all that’s holy, cease immediately the utterance of Her name, lest She be re-summoned from whatever deep infernal pit of misery and despair She now inhabits.

Viribus naturae, quaeso te

Fuckin’ Almas John. Should neva have let him back in the room.

Yeah, well, nobody asked me.

She = first name starts with Ch?
oh, she was a wha___

With due respect, what does “community minded” in this context even mean? Forumosa isn’t preventing anyone from meeting up in real life. And if you want less anonymity, just use FB or any of the other social networks out there. It seems Maoman is trying to anwer a question that nobody has even asked, and/or that niche is just way too small to be viable.

Nobody knows what question Maoman may or may not be trying to answer. This is all supposition, isn’t it?

No need for such formality, my good fellow. Up on your feet now. It’s unseemly for a man of your girth and vintage to be kowtowing like that. Oh, if you insist, but at least get it right - it’s three knocks of the forehead to the floor, and then up on your feet, then repeat two more times.

“Context” is indeed important. The way you’ve cut my quote and replied to it makes it seem as if I was simply comparing Forumosa and Taiwanease, when the main point of my post and my comparison about being more “community minded” was in reference to tealit.

Forumosa keeps going because many of us can spit some nonsense out here! I know, not everyone likes it and newcomers are not always welcomed with a red carpet.

1 Like

I gave up on Taiwaneasy years ago (before latest troubles), when I tried to reset my password.
A simple action, but one that was not recognized by the software algorithms therein.
I have no hard feelings towards the owners, as I’m probably not their :dart: audience.

c’est la vie, as they say

1 Like