Forumosa's speed

The trick is to find something else to do while you’re waiting for the page to load. I repanelled my living room.

I gather my thoughts, but by the time the page loads, I’ve forgotten them all.

Slow as fuck.

On my home computer the invalid session problems cleared up, but still slow slow slow.

My computer is in the shop gettign fixed now, and I’m on an Internet Cafe computer. This connection is super fast - except for Forumosa, which is slow as fuck.

Brian

I’ve noticed that the speed is getting better, but there are still some periods where it’s incredibly slow. all in all, can’t really complain though.

I just got ADSL at home, and my first post has gone through without an invalid session. :sunglasses: I guess I won’t be attempting to post from work then. It’s incredibly hard to post at work with all of the invalid sessions.

Still very slow. Time to switch software? One of the other boards I frequent uses UBB.threads 6.2, and another uses UBB.threads 6.4.2. They’re significantly faster.

I haven’t had any speed problems every since I did the DNS thing posted in the invalid sessions thread.

I reckon it’s definately slower than it was before the switch. No doubt about that, although it’s faster than the crawl we were having a week ago.

It’s slower than a wet week… It seems to come a go but it’s piss poor speed compared the other forums that I post on, and they are all overseas.

I’ve been running test on different pages from here:
websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

and that page seems to agree with all of you who are having problems with slowness. What are you connecting with (what speed)? Speeds are still good for me (but I have 2MB DSL).

While my computer’s in the shop, I’ve been posting form an Internet cafe with a superfast connection. Forumosa is sometimes also this fast, but then sometimes slows to a crawl (it’s variable).

Brian

Well whatever it is. it IS related to the new server (from what I can see).

FWIW, I’ve just switched on GZIP compression.

Please report here if you notice any change in speed for the forums, or if other problems develop from this point forward

[quote=“Goose Egg”]FWIW, I’ve just switched on GZIP compression.

Please report here if you notice any change in speed for the forums, or if other problems develop from this point forward[/quote]

Incredibly slower than this a.m. I am on ADSL with a pretty quick computer. Signing in just took 2+ minutes to the ‘New Posts’ page. From there to here was another 1:45 +.

I am still having problems - loading pages seems to take ages and sometimes time out.
As well I get ‘request timed out’ errors when pinging www.forumosa.com , other sites I tried don’t.

Oh yeah. At the ineternet cafe today, with its super-fast connection, Forumosa was taking forever to load pages.

It’s cleared up now, but until a few minutes ago… really really slow, 2-3 minutes loading a page.

Read this: [Yet Another Fresh Start (Feature Wishlist)

Thanks for the speed reports and bug reports. Keep’em coming (tho it does help to know your browser, operating system, and CPU type/speed)

As of right now, I’m getting killed on the speed AND the invalid_session messages :cry: :help:

2nd evening in row around where invalid_sessions are a problem for me.

Are you at home or work? (home I’m assuming) I can’t figure out why, but changing the DNS settings fixed it for me. I just swapped the secondary and primary DNS (actually I only had a primary DNS at the time). To confirm that it has something to do with the settings on the computer try logging on from a coffee shop or using a proxy server. When I was getting them both the coffee shop and proxy server had not trouble with Invalid_sessions.