Fragrance enthusiast thread

Yep; though the majority of fragrances I smelled were too chemical smelling and aggressive for me, like club girl perfume. Or too old-lady white flower smelling.

I have a TOM FORD “hombre” sampler, very nice, only fragrance my cat doesn’t run away in disgust. Wife says I should get one, 100cc eau de parfum is 180 dollars !! Expensive. Savage (its sauvage to you i know) by Dior is not bad. People tend to like these two on me.

I used to have FAhrenheit by Dior, not bad.

Honestly I like Paco Rabanne, not expensive and nice scent. More macho.

Coco by Chanel is probably better than no.5. No.5 has a pleasant first smell but quickly the secondary smell is not as pleasant.

Sauvage is good for anytime. Universally liked for everyone. But not so unique.

Tom Ford stands out.

1 Like

Many Jo Malone fragrances are quite nice for women and many are unisex.

1 Like

yes my woman rarely cooks…

Jo Malone is super popular nowadays and they have lots of options. Definitely worth a try.

9 posts were split to a new topic: From fragrance

I like a boozy fragrance. TF Velvet Orchid has a pretty strong rum note. Honey is nice, too. Technically these are “foods.”

Channel number 5 was all Marilyn Monroe wore to bed. She allegedly had terrible body odour, so a powerful scent was necessary.

1 Like

It’s funny I bought one because I thought Johnny Depp looked really savage in the ad. Bought it at the airport took it home ready to use it and then I see it’s not Savage but Sauvage…

it’s quite strong

Gosh that reminds me that, after my operation, I had to wash by areas, not shower the full body, as I had the hole from the drainage and it couldn´t get wet. It was not enough. Sparing the gory details, it was a month or so until I could take a long, really refreshing shower.

In the meantime, I used this local Taiwanese perfume that I had met years before, introduced by a coworker whop swore by it. When I was recuperating,. I went to the pharmacy and aside from disinfectant, I asked what could help with the medicine smell. The pharmacist gave me a bottle of the above mentioned perfume.

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/百年歷史-明星花露水-產線老舊宣布停產-045434404.html

Alas, it seems to have gone out of business, might make a comeback in a different presentation.

EDIT: please note this is usually like spread on the bed when you are sick, or clothes, not on you!

I find that people with body odor using fragrances makes it worse as the fragrance combines with the body odor and makes it smell stronger.

2 Likes

Nothing worse than a stinker who refuses to wear deodorant. I know the options are sparse in Taiwan but come on.

1 Like

And at some point you just got to shower cause it also can combine with the deodorant for some people.

I can’t stand smelly people. I’m really sensitive and it feels like an assault on my senses.

1 Like

It’s medical or diet I think in many cases. What can they do.
Anyone else try drinking tons of lemon juice for BO?
And bad breath errrr that’s a tough one. I have that too often

Shower more?

Speed Stick bruh.

That should work

Some people seem to object to showering more than once a day for some reason. Or they only shower in the morning or at night. So they can’t do it other times a day.

I don’t understand this. I don’t have much if any body odor but I like the feeling of being clean after a shower. You don’t have to use soap every time either if it dries you out.

In my experience, western women seem to not shower as often as Asian women. Idk why. It’s one of the most annoying things for me.