Gillette

I wonder if we can have a thread on Spoons? Also Falun Dafa and Climate Change? :thinking:

I’d prefer a thread on Spoon.

We have one! I wonder who started it

1 Like

Wtf…

Perhaps they use more blades ? :yum:

2 Likes

They’re going down the “any publicity is good publicity” route. I’m surprised because generally established brands don’t risk this (perhaps with the exception of Benetton).

My first thought is they have looked at sales figures after their bad white man advert and realised that there was no significant boycott, in fact only brand awareness was increased.

This makes sense in the 24/7 outrage feed people get now. The outrage dissipates within a few days, but the brand awareness sticks.

1 Like

I know what you guys should do: let the beards grow. You could become champions, with your own Netflix show:

https://www.netflix.com/tw-en/title/70251219

1 Like

I’m not even sure that obese lady can reach to places to shave.

I still don’t get this, don’t the crowd who they are trying to please hate the fact females shave? Isn’t that another form of oppression in their point of view?

I assumed that was photoshop, not a real ad.

Welcome to the real world.

download%20(2)

1 Like
1 Like

I used to be a Gillette customer, I am not sure why exactly, maybe just because society expected it? Anyway it didn’t feel like my true self, so I had a realization and then I began my transition. Its been so much easier than I had imagined it would be. So many people have been supportive. I am now openly living as a disposable razor customer.

The freedom is dizzying. Its hard to express just how good it feels to shave with a pink ladies disposable leg razor that costs almost nothing and find out its actually way better and cuts you less! Society been fooling me for so long but finally I am free to be who I am. Thank you Gilette advertising department!

11 Likes

3 Likes

A lot of women shave…but they usually think it’s a bad thing lol.

So do they not make men’s razors anymore?

O_o is that something like The Onion? (Haven’t opened it TBH)

It’s certainly a risky operation down there :cold_sweat:

Did you have another accident while trimming the shrubbery?

Regarding Forumosa…it seems to be a less risky operation for Male members :smiley:

I hated the Gillette ad that started this thread because it was negative and accusatory (and completely inaccurate). This ad is not that. It is positive and uplifting. The wokeness factor was a little too high for me when the father was coaching the actual shave, but this ad seemed to get the heart in the right place. I like it.

I like a bit of bush. Old school.