[Glossika] The Glossika Thread

Here’s the latest from Glossika’s (not ever) attorney. English translation is mine.

受文者:朱彬彬即雅捷企業社
Recipient: Chu Pin-pin [Zhu Binbin]
泰瑞‧
Terry

日期:中華民國九十一年十一月七日
Date: November 7, 2002
字號:九一金字九一一九四號
Number: 91 Jin 91194

主旨:為函告明理法律事務所並未受任處理朱彬彬即雅捷企業社與泰瑞間之爭端案,情查照。
Summary: Notification that Mingli Law Office will not handle legal disputes of Chu Pin-pin with Terry. Please note content.

說明:
Explanation:
一。朱彬彬即雅捷企業社(下稱雅捷企業社)於民國(下同)九十一年十月三十日以汐止龍安郵局所發第二十七號存證信函副本,收悉。

1. Chu Pin-pin dba Yajie Enterprise Company (hereinafter referred to as “Yajie”) [color=red][nb. this is Glossika’s Chinese name][/color] sent a postal “double-registered letter” from the Hsihchih Long’an Post Office on October 30, 2002, of which we have receipt.

二。謹按明理法律事務所及負責人陳XX律師並非雅捷企業社之常年法律顧問,亦未曾受委任處理雅捷企業社與泰瑞間之任何法律事件,故並無權炫限或立場介入或處理,如右述存證信函所敘述之事件。
2. As [color=red]Mingli Law Offices and its responsible person Chen XX, Esq. has never been the normal legal representative of Chu Pin-pin or Yajie Enterprise Company[/color], and has not been retained to handle any legal dispute between Yajie and Terry, it has no right nor reason to enter into or handle this matter [OK, I didn’t bother to look up the legal terms for “right or reason”, so shoot me! that’s the idea], as laid out in the aforereferenced double registered letter.

三。據此,爾後有關雅捷企業社與泰瑞間之任何往來文書(包括但不限於律師含,存證信函等),請無庸再以副本通知本事務所,以免滋生誤會及造成不必要之困境。

1. Therefore, hereafter in the case of any correspondence (including but not limited to attorney’s letters or double registered postal letters, etc.) referring to the legal dispute between Yajie and Terry, copies should not be sent to this law office, to avoid misunderstandings and possible difficulties.

[signed]

So the ambulance chasers don’t want to represent them either…guess there wasn’t much of a case. I’ll be watching the front pages of the Taipei Times, the 中國時報and 聯合報 for the same bilingual apology that was demanded of me. At least I didn’t make any false accusations nor set off a string of “coincidences”…