Google Pixel phones in Taiwan?

Didn’t think there was another 2 user here…or maybe you’ve said it before and I forgot. The only issue I had with it was about 3 months ago when it decided to just die. A quick factory reset and everything went back to normal. I lost some pictures and chat history, but it could have been worse.

I’m not so sure about budget phones. The wife has the 3a and brand new out of the box I could tell the processor isn’t as fast, but it was newer and the screen was a bit clearer (and larger).

Since I don’t buy new phones every year, I don’t mind splurging on a flag ship phone when the old one dies.

I usually don’t consider the “lower end” phones either, but the good reviews of the 3a had me considering a 4a as a holdover after my 4 bit the dust after being stupid with it. Since it can’t get wet though, its a no for me. I’ll “struggle” around with the 2 in a baggie until the 5 comes.

The 2 is running amazingly well, but I really value the water resistance.

1 Like

Water resistance was a buying point for the wife too. I told her, the chances of her accidentally jumping into a pool with her phone is slim to none…since she doesn’t know how to swim anyways.

I don’t put the 2 in any kind of waterproof bag or ziplock when cycling, so water resistance is key for me too. I’ve been stuck in torrential downpours a few times and as long as I do not rush to turn on the 2 when I stop or get home, it’s been pretty amazing.

1 Like

My wife told me some of her friends have two left hands and their phone occasionally ends up in the loo.

:ideograph_advantage:

Is there any information out there, whether the Taiwan cellphone operators will offer the pixel 4a with a bundeled 24/30 months contract ?
Or will I be forced to buy it separately (which may after all be the better deal anyway depending on how those deals,if they will exist at all, will look like …

Has any Taiwan phone operator offered Pixel? Don’t know.

Yes, Taiwan Mobile

Ok, so my 2’s screen has decided to come off the casing. All those hours in the sun and sweat in my back pocket while riding has done it’s deed on my phone. Everything else works fine, but it seems like it’s time for a new phone.

Waiting for the launch of Pixel 5. Rumor mill says it will be released in Taiwan, but seems like it’ll only be available on Taiwan mobile.

I’m on CHT :sob:

My wife received her Pixel 4a a week ago. I like it a lot. Waiting for Pixel 5 to decide which one to get for myself.
We just bought it from the Google Store website. It was billed in Singapore and shipped from Hong Kong.

You like Pixal?

What’s so great about Pixal over other Android phone? Really love my Samsungs better than others I’ve had like Asus, Oppo, iPhone…

I am curious. How did you manage to buy the pixel 4a from the Singapore website ?

I thought you can only use that SG website if your delivery address would be the same (also in Singapore).

I was checking it on my mobile phone and that’s not possible. Maybe from a PC Webbrowser ist would be a different story.

Free shipping would becasaving of roughly 1.500 NT$. That’s almost a 10 % saving compare to its Taiwanese price (but ok, different charging plug).

But even more important, buying from SG will ship within one week, whereas the TW Google Store is “claiming” a delivery date somehow in November (WTF) …

1 Like

No, I ordered from the Google Store Taiwan.

But the bill came from Google Singapore and it was shipped from Hong Kong.

The device is very affordable and popular. I preordered it and had to wait a month.
Happens often that new Google devices get out of stock.

I ordered my Pixel4a early August and it was supposed to ship Sep 15. However, they canceled the order for some reason on Sep 2nd. Maybe it was a bank thing I don’t know but whatever it was it was stupid that they didn’t check with me first. I’m not going to wait another month, so I just said fuck y’all I’m getting iPhone 12.

Like I mentioned my credit card got billed from Singapore.

Almost all international transactions get blocked by my Taiwanese bank for suspected fraudulent use. All were legit established overseas companies and transaction was done by myself.
They call me and ask if the transaction is legit and I have to make the transaction again a few minutes later for it to go through. Every time!
Had some of my online accounts get put on hold for a day because of failing payment process multiple times.

That’s why I used my German bank card to pay for the phone. No issues.

No bloatware of any kind and the camera was way ahead of its time.

I was an HTC user for 4 phones prior from the HTC HD2, J, M8 (best phone I’ve ever owned) and the M10. When I got wind that they were making phones for Google, it only made sense.

Current state of my phone"

I originally thought that crack by the speaker was the gorilla glass screen cover, but (I think) so much sweat and exposure to the sun, resulted in the gorilla glass being stuck onto my screen and the screen cracking along with it.

Google will unveil the Pixel 5 phone, a new Chromecast and other new products at a virtual event.

2:00 am CST | Thursday, October 1, 2020

https://launchnightin.withgoogle.com/en/

1 Like

Just a follow up with me pixel 3a xl. So many issues. I got it 6 months ago and already returned it.
Issues: lagging bad, volume control moves up and down by itself, problems with bluetooth, constant freezing, messing up apps when switching to side view, constant crashing of apps, and more.

Taiwan mobile got me a replacement, but it was also refurbished. After a day, similar problems. TWM wasn’t helpful. I sent it to their engineer and they claimed they couldn’t find any issues. Offered nothing.

2 months of emailing with Google, finally they’re offering a replacement through TWM. They said it’s a one time thing and the replacement may be refurbished again.

I’m really put off by the phone. I did buy a cheaper version, the 4 was available… But I thought a Google phone would be better.

I’m going to go back to Samsung after this.

5 Likes

That’s too bad, the Pixel phones are the best phones I’ve ever had. One, Two, and Four. I never had one of the Three variants. The Two I’m using today is flawless. If I didn’t need a separate phone for work I’d just keep using it for both work and personal. Sorry you’ve had bad time with it.

The flagship Samsungs are good as well though. My wife has been using those and I think she’s still using a 9 today, but it’s starting to get wonky now.

As an aside, the 5 and 4a 5G are up for pre-order on the Taiwan Google store for those interested. I ordered 2 Fives for my wife and I with a stated delivery date of Oct 16th. Good luck to everyone else considering these.

2 Likes

Never heard of it. What are price ranges of the top new Google Pixels in Taiwan?