Hard to find things in common with Taiwanese girls

Better than still doing it as an adult :joy: @TT

2 Likes

Better than dating someone in middle school, OK. That’s about the only thing I understand, but I agree entirely that adults shouldn’t do that!

2 Likes

We used to use paper notes that you hide in the girl you likes locker. You write “will you go out with me, check yes or no” and slip it in before 5th period

4 Likes

when you get older, you find ways to slip it in more cringily :crazy_face:

*edit: but never with middle schoolers, only consenting adults!

4 Likes

I don’t think I could ever do this thing you Americans cutely refer to as “dating”, in Taiwan.
Sitting at a table eating a meal while she plays with her phone.

4 Likes

The Taiwanese girl I’ve been dating doesn’t play on her phone at all around me, she’s pretty cool (or, hiding something). But yeah, I’ve definitely seen lots of couples on the phones all the time.

2 Likes

Deca-Durabolin?
Makes the joints feel good on TRT.

1 Like

Asian girls that pretend to like ugly white men for money lol. They’re probably on their phone telling their friends how much they’ll ask him for.

2 Likes

I like how to chat has shifted to anabolic steroids. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: How old are you folks talking about deca? good lord, you shouldn’t be doing deca if you are not some competitive bodybuilder.

I don’t find the Taiwanese women too stuck up on looks in my observation. Some do of course but I’ve seen a lot of ‘substandard’ guys with nice looking women and I find that isn’t a deal breaker (for us fugly looking guys fortunately)

Plus a large selection of women that are considered good looking by foreigners but not considered beautiful by Taiwanese guys creating that stereotype that foreigners date ugly women. Hey I mean if they aren’t interested , their loss :smile:

10 Likes

Deal breaker. Next!

Guy

4 Likes

I have little in common with my Indonesian wife but we are in our 9th year of marriage

We don’t share friends we don’t like the same movies usually

We dont like the same music mostly

We largely don’t like the same foods

We largely don’t have the same hobbies or activities or interests

We have completely different personalities

We share a big age gap

She’s thin and I’m phat

She’s cute and I’m not

She likes to do lots of things and go everywhere I like to do nothing

The list is long of uncommonalities

The girlfriends I’ve had where we shared a lot in common we are not together

Go figure

Ps in case you are thinking well we are together for sex

That would be the punch line We are sexually incompatible

11 Likes

So this is basically to make sure they’ve entered puberty but not too far in yet? :thinking:

My Taiwanese girlfriend is a little rotund and so am I now living in U.K. for 8 months on meat, potatoes, pasta huge pile of rice with curry.
I need to return to lose weight!

4 Likes

Even the air in the western world
Makes one fat

2 Likes

So what’s the secret of a sexually incompatible marriage with nothing in common? As in why stay together?

3 Likes

Good question
Haven’t figured it out in 9 years

4 Likes

Ok you want the long answer I take it

Ok lessee

Marriage is a state of being much like life It ain’t perfect by a long shot but would you rather be out of it?

You want a Ferrari but you drive an Acura You take what you can get and work with it

The Acura takes you places even if it can’t take you where a Ferrari can or you think a Ferrari can

It’s all give and take , mostly give

You take what you can but you have to give it all

You are not her Ferrari either she has her druthers too

Somehow with all the imperfections on both sides you manage to work with each other and make each other mostly happy

Mostly happy most of the times with a little extra satisfaction sometimes is pretty much all you can hope for with somebody who is not you

If you got someone who you were extremely happy with and passionately in love with all the time

Who you would do anything for and is the apple of your eye at all times

Who you thought of when your eyes open and before you shut your eyes to sleep And every moment in between

You will lose her

Because either

1 she was tired of playing the perfect woman for you and you never really knew her because the real her is someone else

1. She didn’t think of you the way you thought of her

2. She tired of you because she won your heart and soul already

3. Fate is jealous of your love and takes her away from you because he can

3 Likes

Like most relationship that work I’d wager- it’s not about the things you like or what you’re like, but how you feel and treat each other (and how you feel about yourself) - you actually like each other, enjoy each other’s company, are secure, have similar goals, and respect each other. For me, someone that doesn’t necessarily like the same things as me is a better fit - you introduce each other to different viewpoints and interests, and when you go off and do your own thing that the other isn’t interested in, you give the relationship a little breathing room.

4 Likes

the truth is, its hard to find things in common + physical attraction regardless of where you are. if it was easy we wouldnt have sitcoms like “how i met your mother” running for 8 years.
jia you, keep trying, worst case you wasted an evening on a boring dude…

1 Like