Has anyone ever actually seen the 200 and 2000 NTD bills in real life?

I know they exist, but I’ve only ever seen them on the internet.

I have some $200, its what I get from ATM.

2 Likes

I’ve only seen 2000nt notes from banks.

I’ve seen 200nt bills from time to time working as a cashier.

1 Like

I recently asked for 10k in 200 bills at my bank. Now I always have some of them in my wallet to spend.

1 Like

Hmm. I think I used to use the $200 bills fairly regularly (i.e. 15 years ago), but haven’t seen one in a very very long time now. Anyone know if I’m imagining things, or has something changed?

1 Like

seen and used the 200 bill. never saw the 2000 bill.

I have a pile of them in a red envelope that was gifted to me for CNY. I didn’t want to spend them

I paid some random food/drink with a 200NT in a family mart recently (one or two weeks ago).

1 Like

Is the 200nt bill of any significance?

I feel sometimes the need to have cash around is a pain because of having to keep change around and also security issue of keeping cash safe, this is probably why in China nobody takes cash. I know in the US I never carried cash because everyone, even food stands, takes card. Though US banking is kinda backwards, they still use checks.

Got both at Fubon bank today.

1 Like

seen and used both. We keep 1 200 and 1 2000 bill at home just as a memory.

I have a 200 bill right now!! In my hands!!

3 Likes

I have one too.

Yes. Both. I prefer the NTD2000. it’s pretty.

I have that one too.

Yes to both. With the larger bills, they were handed to me by post office staff when I withdrew a large sum. She did ask if this would be acceptable first. :joy:

Guy

Yeah I’ve been given a few 200 notes several times.

They remind me of the old British pound note.

Using the 2000 NTD note is always fun, cashiers have a real WTF? moment.

2000nt bill is almost like 500 euro bills. Both are purple, and are very rarely seen outside of banking.