Head to Head, The Music Never Stopped being argumentative Thread

Do you really feel you’re explaining something? It’s just a chatty opinionated thread. One of the reasons Beatles songs are copied is because they’re kind of three chord wonders some of them. My kid used to learn them on guitar off youtube in about ten minutes.

That’s my favourite Kinks song too. The next one that jumps into my head is this:

And David Watts is ???

The head boy at the school and the captain of the team :blush:

1 Like

Well ya…

I counter with Desmond and Molly

1 Like

I raise :laughing:

WTF that’s only 30 seconds, ok I fold

2 Likes

I’ve written elsewhere on the board that I just missed them here in August of 1969. I was only there for one day. It was nighttime, they were just starting, I had no car, my only known ride back to Baton Rouge was definitely leaving, and the next day was the first day of the 11th grade. Additionally, earlier that year my parents had deported me to Texas (to live with my oldest brother and his wife) because my parents couldn’t stand me anymore.* Nothing against Texas, but I was more comfortable in Baton Rouge. :slight_smile:

*Fortunately, back in May of that year, my brother and his wife had decided that they couldn’t stand me either, so they sent me back to my parents.

1 Like

The complexity of music doesn’t correlate to its enjoyability or quality, IMO. People wouldn’t copy Beatles songs if they didn’t like them.

3 Likes

For me listening to Neil Young is like watching paint dry. Few exceptions. I feel like I should like him (IYKWIM) and I try but no.

2 Likes

I’m all for kicking canadians at every possible opportunity, but you have to pick your battles :joy:

3 Likes

I like some of his stuff: “Like a Hurricane,” “Helpless,” “Cowgirl in the Sand,” and “On the Way Home.” I think there’s something that I like about the lyrics of those songs.

Edited to add: I also like “Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.”

1 Like

Ooh, one of my favorites too

1 Like

Over n over

Pushing the limits of cheesy

2 Likes

Everyone I know practically likes or loves it, and I try but no. The basic “acoustic guitar and singing” formula in most cases doesn’t appeal to me, is a big part of it. I just tried to listen to Harvest posted above, even those hit songs don’t grab me. I like My My Hey Hey, I’ll say that!

1 Like

How about over and over again?

I think niel young is great. But I understand if you don’t get him. (I don’t get elvis, there is nothing that anyone could possibly say that would make me like elvis :joy:)

1 Like

Never heard that one before, listening to it now. Nicht schlecht!

1 Like

Lynyrd Skynyrd had some beef with him.
Maybe you know more on that one😎

1 Like

Not bad!

1 Like

We have too much 默契 crusher. (Not sure if that’s the correct character but it’s pronounced moqi.)

I love niel young and the lynard reposte. ( And we all know it’s really air ah :laughing:)

2 Likes

What a gem! LOVE IT
thank you my Irish friend :sunglasses:

1 Like