Help Finding a Missing Person - Alice Ku

What did I see about their car on the news, that it had to be towed for a flat tire and the bumper was scuffed up? Was that this story?

investigators could not spot either Ku or the mysterious tour guide on surveillance footage.

Pretty hard to not be seen on that these days.

Circumstances of Disappearance Ku traveled with her husband to Taiwan on 11/23/19. Ku and her husband went their separate ways on 11/29/19, with the plan being she was going to take a train from Hualien to Taipei to visit her family, and to reconnect with each other and travel back to the United States through SFO on 12/1/19. On 11/30/19, the husband received an e-mail from Ku requesting to extend her stay by a week and to change her flight date to 12/8/19. She has not been heard from since that e-mail was sent and was not on the return flight. Mountain View PD took the missing person case since Ku is a resident of the city in the event she re-enters the country. However, case is being actively investigated by the National Policy Agency Republic of China (Taiwan) since the last time she was physically seen was in Taiwan

That’s from the police, and sounds like he received the email after they split up? One would assume they’d be sure about it. Not sure about exact timeline here.

Didn’t read any thing about that, only thing I’ve seen mention is that it was a rental. Don’t think the rental company would belive the guy when he claims the tour guide made all the damage to the car.

1 Like

Wait…what? :thinking:

7 Likes

Did he leave the country before the authorities knew about the disappearance, or did they let him leave?

Don’t be so picky.

If they did let him leave Taiwan someone should be fired.

與古女閃婚的H男則有過2段婚姻,2018年6月間,第2任妻子因故過世,同月在史丹佛大學1場研討會上,結識古女。由於古雅芳當時想把家教接案電子化,因此向H男請益,相差23歲的2人於是擦出火花,不顧一切地陷入熱戀,兩人認識兩個月就訂婚,2018年10月間登記結婚。

Wonder how his ex wife died?

1 Like

No, the police didn’t have any idea about the disappearance until her family reported her missing in February. I think the husband never reported it, which is weird.

He says he drove her to Hualian train station, she took the train to continue seeing her family, and then he went back to the US. Apparently any footage from the train station would have expired by that time. The guide’s association has no record of a guide named “Jessica”. No one saw the three of them together. The husband claims they drove to the Songsyue Lodge, but the police find it hard to believe they could have gone there for the day and left the park in 6 hours. Not sure how the email fits into all of this.

3 Likes

Looks like a mug shot.

Taiwan customs?

Her last confirmed location was basically up on Hehuan mountain.

In what sense? The Hualien hotel staff saw both of them enter and leave the hotel before they set out to Tarako.

Makeup is magic.

ecba25fd28a142e90a1d794cfd1afbb2

3 Likes

In some articles they imply her last cell phone signal was sent from Songshuelou.

https://tw.appledaily.com/local/20201223/EFNY24B3IFHOVCUYVSVXWBK3KM/

刑事局指出,古女最後斷訊的地點是松雪樓

Although the police doubt they made it that far because their car entered Taroko at noon, and exited Taroko around 6 in the afternoon, leaving them just 6 hours to and from Songshuelou. Typically it would take 4 hours just to go 1 way.

1 Like

I see, thanks.

… and some photoshop.

The email is suspicious
He could have sent it himself to himself

3 Likes

And she disappeared in taroko
I believe she was murdered there or between there and somgshuelou
And the dude
Quickly left Taiwan

That’s what you do , murder someone and leave
Immediately after before
It’s
Discovered

I still remember
The case of the young lady who met 4
Arab men at Kiss disco and was found murdered
The next day in the men’s rental car
They left the island immediately after
Raping and killing her in the car
They have never been found and likely never will

Justice for her will have to be at the hand of God

Well, you might leave if it’s time to go home and your wife wants to stay with her family, too. And then something could have happened to her, or she just hasn’t got in touch, which she seems to have done before. But it is weird there was no trace of her at all after that, and especially that her husband apparently never reported her as missing, and that his timeline for what they did in Tarako is screwy. I guess hiding a body in there wouldn’t exactly be the hardest thing in the world, and it wouldn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out if one had evil on their mind.

You are the optimist. I am the pessimist. I think shes dead and he killed her.

1 Like

OK. So that’s what you do. Since time immemorial men have been murdering their lovers and then exiting stage right.

Seems legit. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Those guys are already dead a la covid. Justice is coming.

And before anyone jumps to conclusions , no, I am not saying that covid is God’s doing. But it happens to be an available method of delivering death.