Help Finding a Missing Person - Alice Ku

And how do you know those particular guys are dead from COVID? Seems a peculiar claim to make…

1 Like

It is isn’t it?

:thinking:

1 Like

No, I’m looking at available facts. And I wasn’t that optimistic, if you read it.

Now you’re being cryptic :unamused:

God I’m hungry. I’m going foraging.

Good luck finding berries.
Stay away from the mushrooms.

4 Likes

Then the issue would be why did he not look for her or report her missing? Why did he just tell his in-laws that he doesn’t know and refuse to help them further?

Due to his suspicious actions, I think there are only 2 logical explanations:

1. He killed her between Taroko and Songshuelou and left Taiwan as soon as he can. Then he wants to forget it has ever happened and keeps his distance with his former in-laws.

2. His wife for what ever reason wants to disappear for a while. Maybe she’s an secret agent. Maybe she’s running for hit man or debt. Maybe she’s trying to pursue her true love and identity without being judge by her family. Who knows. Being a loving husband he helps her vanish and pretends not to know what happened to her, and refuse to let other know, even if doing so makes him look very incriminating.

I find it a lot harder to believe the second story.

2 Likes

Where did this man meet her?
Taiwan or the US?
Had he lived in Taiwan before? Did he know the area where she died, train station, how to get to Taipei in quick time? Does he speak Chinese?

Yep, I raised exactly that in the same post.

A third possibility is some other bad fate befell her in the interim. Not very likely, though that kind of thing can happen.

That doesn’t explain his lack of effort to look for her though.

Lots of people seem to just disappear in Taroko Gorge never to be seen again. Maybe it’s Taiwan’s Bermuda Triangle.

Indeed, it doesn’t.

If that’s a triangle I’m a loaf of bread.

Key stone cops man !

1 Like

White, whole wheat or pumpernickel? :grin:

1 Like

On the other hand, not exactly the perfect crime, eh? Most people would report them missing and be ready to weather the inevitable storm. It could be that he just assumed she was gallivanting somewhere and was happy enough with it. maybe.

they may also exit stage left… just saying

1 Like

He skipped the jurisdiction knowing that is the most important thing he needed to do after commiting the crime and hiding the body (assuming a crime was committed which is a high likelihood unless she turns up very soon ). All planned in advance. Bullshit email afterwards stinks too.

1 Like

I can’t disagree; nevertheless–

Lorenzo Pietro Berra

Once they get out of Taiwan it’s usually over.

1 Like

What happened to her sister? Didn’t she post a year ago on this?

1 Like

I don’t remember. I guess you already know that her brother is the OP for this thread. I think he’s also posted elsewhere on the 'net.