Help me I've been hypnotized!

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=53491

Yes, it’s true… should be a good laugh… all are welcome to watch (and cheer or boo) and all are welcome to take a slot on stage (and be cheered or boo’d…)

Now all we need to do is update the website and the Forumosa banner… sorry folks…

But since you’ve brought up the subject of booze, I must ask:

[color=red]
Will there be any 酒 specials for Forumosians on Aug. 31?
[/color]

[quote=“metrosexual”]But since you’ve brought up the subject of booze, I must ask:

[color=red]
Will there be any 酒 specials for Forumosians on Aug. 31?
[/color][/quote]

Has the comedy started already ? When did I bring up the Booze…?
What do Forumosians like to drink anywayz ?

Could do 100nt for Carlsberg (1/2 pint) and can put Absinthe shots at 100nt… how about Tiger beer 6 bottles in ice bucket 600nt…

As far as “PLEASE, do not encourage people to make any “boo” sounds” goes; I won’t encourage anyone but what if the guy/girl on stage really sucks ? Will the audience give him/her face or just flat out BOOOH…?

What kinda people can come up ? Does it all have to be (an attempt to be) funny ?
Do people need to book a slot or can anyone jump on stage ?
Rumour has it that Brian David Phillips the Hypnotist will come and do a little thing that’s good for a laugh too… but he will need volunteers from the audience… anyone…?

there won’t be so many slots that you won’t know where to begin…but if you want to get up and show us what you got, come (a little early) and let us know…[color=blue]or send an email to ICTIT2006@yahoo.com [/color]

To qualify for the 1000nt, you need to get up for at least 3 minutes (with your own non-professional 的 material), but you can go 5,10+ minutes, depending on what you want to do…

Don’t worry about anything else…ICTIT has a very competent host (i.e. not I).

p.s…The boo thingy was an (attempted) play on words, but I admit, it stinks.

[color=darkred]Just as a side bar[/color]: The open mic night at Bliss is part of an on-going, indepentant, documentary of Ex-Pat comedy in Taiwan. (that is if the camera man makes it back from Cambodia in one piece the day of the show) However it’s not for Ex-Pats only. It would be nice to hear some jokes in Chinese… funny one’s at least. So don’t be camera shy and line up those jokes. It’s sure to be a lot of fun no matter if you bomb or win some cash. But you’ll never know if you’re funny or not if you sit at home just thinking you are… and playing with your laugh track! How pathetic!

[quote=“metrosexual”]there won’t be so many slots that you won’t know where to begin…but if you want to get up and show us what you got, come (a little early) and let us know…[color=blue]or send an email to ICTIT2006@yahoo.com [/color]

To qualify for the 1000nt, you need to get up for at least 3 minutes (with your own non-professional 的 material), but you can go 5,10+ minutes, depending on what you want to do…

Don’t worry about anything else…ICTIT has a very competent host (i.e. not I).

p.s…The boo thingy was an (attempted) play on words, but I admit, it stinks.[/quote]

Hey MetroSexual, Do U still C TIT…? Got the WP (word play) on the “ie not I” as in ‘ie not U’…haha…

How are we looking for Tom’Row… I am excited … Damn, last time on stage I though the audience was clapping their hands but it was my knees shaking…

I don’t wanna win that prize… I just can’t… I won’t be funny…I won’t even try…
I’ll jump on stage though… How about you… are you a Clown Fish… Tell us a joke…

Sit Down and Stand Up Comedy…

LZJ, Just wondering… This is your first post with 115 words… are you in on this…? Are you one of the funny Guyz…? … anyway…welcome as a new Forumosian…

This may not be a rumor . . . we are looking forward to it.

I’ve emailed the contact address but will come a bit early as suggested.

The open mic starts at ten, correct? I plan on showing up a little bit early but want to make certain that I am indeed showing up early instead of late . . . I’d hate to repeat the debacle that was my last final exam at university . . . for some reason folks frown upon you if you show up an hour late.

See you Thursday night!

All the best,
Brian

Hey, I’m excited… tonight is gonna be a good night… let the comedy roll in… (I won’t try to be funny…) …

(tell us a joke… said the shark to the clown fish…)

…One day, three elderly Taiwanese sisters were out in the lane killing a chicken when the eldest one started to brag about her grandson’s English,

“Y’know, my little Fu’s English is so good that he just graduated from Taiwan’s top university with a TOEFL score of 2000!”

“天啊!”, belched the middle sister, but quickly added, “Well, that is truly great, but my big Fu not only dreams in English, but also works at an English speaking radio station whose primary mandate is to serve the expatriate community in Taiwan, while assuming the official duties of serving the foreign community here in Taiwan and forging a cultural link between the Chinese population of Taiwan and English-speaking residents of the island.”

The youngest sister simply smiled and said, “Wow. That is a mouthful. However, my little one’s English is so good, that he knows that radio station sucks!”

However, last night we were all hypnotized when it came time for the audience to vote for the funniest performer, so I think the hypnotist left with all the women too. (Actually, Brian D. Phillips is very talented/charismatic, so don’t miss his show.)

But at least we got to see a new comedian with/in G.G. (aka Greg)…thanks Forumosa, Barry (for not jumping of stage/telling too, too many jokes from you laptop)

See the coverage from the Taipei Times at http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/archives/2006/09/08/2003326783 . . .

All the best,
Brian