How do you ask a girl out?

I’ve never heard the green light and blue light designations but I’ve heard “tool guy.” 工具人 — the one you “use” for meals and rides and so on.

1 Like

Does the tool guy get to used his tools usually? Or they are basically getting cucked

1 Like

“Would you like to go out on a date?”

Does that not work?

I really don’t know. I’ve never had a tool guy. I imagine it’s more of the latter with maybe a hint of the former, or hope for the former, to keep him strung along.

Taiwan girls, or all girls actually, like to have a good guy or two in a glass case.

In case of emergency, break glass.

I don’t want to marry him now, but he may be better than other options in the future when I’m feeling the pressure of becoming spoiled cake.

Same story everywhere, just different labeling.

3 Likes

That’s too forward now. It will scare people away actually talking to them.

He might just might get very seldom limited use, just enough to keep the rides, meals and birthday gifts coming in.

I wonder if girls called me the tool guys now. I’ve been friends with benefits with some Taiwanese girls. Some come out of breakups and just don’t want anything serious and some use me as like revenge like look at this much bigger guy banging me now. I don’t really mind, doing dinner and movie if they’re fun and enjoying a evening after that.

What you describe sounds more like a rebound.

You’re probably useful to them as a kind of "attack dog " too. You’re a boxer or something along those lines right?

In English terms yes, but I wonder if this falls under the category of a tool guy in Taiwan.

Just for fun and I trained people before and cornered fights. But yeah, it wouldn’t be rare for girls to tell me they feel safe with me.

1 Like

I’ve wondered what the Taiwanese equivalent for rebound is, or whether the concept exists. I’ve never heard of a comparable term.

Perhaps it’s also a tool guy. Different tools for different jobs.

I can’t believe I’ve never heard this term before.

1 Like

Yeah some will feel power too , but won’t say it

This falls under the category of “spare tire” guy. 備胎

1 Like

Is this also a real term?

1 Like

Lotta truth there ,with Taiwan over run by beautiful ladies everywhere best not to risk a coworker. That said many do marry coworkers.

Tw girls in my limited experience tend to not like directness.

If you approach her with the hey will you go out with me she will likely say no. Better to just converse with her about topics of interest. Talk to her often. A clue I have whether someone likes me or not is whether she asks me personal questions. You can have a great conversation but if she never asks you personal questions she is likely not as in to you, simply enjoying the conversation.

Having her as a coworker gives you ample opportunity to become her bud. Then suggest doing something in common.

Hey where’s a good place to have lunch around here? Oh can I go with you I have trouble ordering?

Make her your friend and if she likes you you will start having lunches together often then it will lead to dinner and meet ups after work

If she’s cold to you all the time and not responsive and never asks you personal questions then chances are she’s not into you . Find someone else .

1 Like

Sure is. Denotes your fallback guy or girl.

Seriously? Things have changed from when I were a carefree lad. It was much simpler back then.