How tall is Forumosa? LOL

Rich people often had way more health issues compared to the poor rice farmer.

Uhh, you just made my point, what’s wrong with you??
This is the most backward, illogical statement I’ve seen all week:

Starches in general are neither easy to grow nor cheap. That’s why the poor are poor. Not to put too fine a point on it, rice causes poverty.

If they’re hard to grow and expensive, how in fuck can they be poor food???

It’s funny how @finley and any other supporters of his crazy theories forget about what the traditional diet in TW and China has been like forever. Some modern gym girls might now skip rice (and then jump over sugary crappy drinks and desserts or “bread”), but that’s the exception if any thing.

1 Like

There’s a lot more meat, dairy, bread, and potatoes in the typical European diet. It will make you large and kill you good.

1 Like

that’s bullshit. To eat some of everything is alright.

Absolutely! But to eat a lot of the same things…

That stuff will make you strong and healthy @Hanna, but stay away from rice! Yikes, that stuff will literally kill you. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

What about brown rice? Slightly less shitty?

That’s it, I am off rice. Tbh back home we eat way less rice but way more bread. Sandwiches everyday. I don’t eat bread here anymore but I eat a lot of rice.

1 Like

You mean a lot of dumplings, rice and noodles with tiny bits of food scraps all loaded with MSG and soybean sauce, “plum powder” and other chemicals…

In the old country, a whole meal would consist of only those groups of things. Meaning noodles with rice and bread, some beans on the side maybe. That is why people are rotund. They used to work the fields now they push buttons at a factory.

Traditional diet is more like veggies, rice and beans and very little meat, but that is expensive, so it is only middle class up who can have it now. Corn was discarded and tortillas are a luxury now.

1 Like

Jesus Christ dude…

that’s the way he has to tell you he likes you a bit.

1 Like

Corn is the USA version of this crap diet.

You mean the best diet… Truly the patricians choice of diets.

Also oats, lots and lots of oats.

That is a Northern China diet, and it is favored by waisehnren here in Taiwan.

Taiwanese working class live on biengtang, which technically speaking is not that bad if there wasn´t so much rice in it as a nutritionless filler. The rest, veggies and a little meat, are not as bad by themselves, but mixing high fat and high sugar is a death sentence.

You will notice the kids get bread to buxiban or as breakfast. The cereals are still pushed here as a “healthy” option. Oats are sold as a cure for cholesterol. Sigh.

Why little meat is the “best diet”? And back in the day I avoided/rejected eating meat on a daily basis.

This here has as much or more to do with it as the foods people eat

1 Like

I`d take it easy with the oats. Steel cut better than instant. As little sugar added as possible. Maybe add dates.

Too much fat and cholesterol.

Can’t you eat that hamster food on your own?