How tall is Forumosa? LOL

Bullshit. Eggs are awesome. It’s the base of my diet pyramid.

1 Like

I hope not @mad_masala. You’re one of my favorite posters here. I don’t want to lose you.:pensive:

1 Like

They always seem to go back and forth about eggs. Good for you, bad for you, good for you, bad for you…same with coffee, too.

1 Like

Probably because it is not real butter. In Taiwan most breakfast places use the plastic stuff, literally same as slapping Vaseline on bread, probably worse. That smell you take in at certain bakeries when they are baking is that plastic stuff burning inside their ovens.

Note I call it plstic because it si made out of petroleum.

Real butter is OK, fat in general is OK and actually not as harmful to your system as fat plus sugar.

2 Likes

I think dairy isn’t good for you.
butter, milk, cheese, yogurt etc
They pump those cows full of so much stuff.

What? No way. Butter, or a bit of it, is perfectly fine. The vegetable imitations/substitutes (margarine and other crap) is what is so fucked up. Seriously, really unhealthy or I heard so.

Perhaps I should say pastries are the killer. I do love a good croissant, though…

You can buy the chemical smell in liquid form to add to bakery shit from the “food material mall” in Taichung. It’s gross!

1 Like

I’m here only because of people like you.

1 Like

The worst ever is chicken. Unless it is raise dby yourself, it is pumped with antibiotics, hormones, etc. Second is red meat. Going vegan is not an option as vegetables have also a ton of pesticides.

One thing or another will get to you.

I think I just personally can’t do butter. Something about it makes me feel so queasy. I know fats in general are not the enemy, though.

You are talking about what they call “mayo” or “mayonnaise”, I think. It does look like vaseline indeed, but why do you sai it’s made with petroleum?

Most people - including quite a lot of doctors - have absolutely no idea how your body deals with the various things you eat, or how it maintains homeostasis. I’m not professing to be an expert, but I have a fairly good handle on it. 95% of nutritional advice is bullshit invented by food-supplement journalists, not doctors or scientists. It’s entered popular consciousness for the same basic reason Chinese men believe rhino horn is good for your virility: enough people repeat the bullshit and people start accepting it as truth.

4 Likes

I agree, especially when my doctor tells me to eat more eggs.

Oh that too. Yep, all with petroleum “aftterproducts”.

And where did you get the idea that eggs are bad for you? What, specifically, do eggs do to you?

I’m curious: how’s your general health? Ever checked your cholesterol numbers? How about your bodyfat, blood pressure, heart response to exercise, etc?

No, I mean… you were talking about that one shit exactly… I mean that semi transparent shit they spread on sandwiches and “burgers” in the breakfast shops, right?

And why do you say it’s made with petroleum???

blood lipid profile

Yes. Si. Dah. Tueila.

To get better cholesterol balance, you need to exercise and get muscles. Muscles do not only burn more calories when at rest, but also produce good stuff that helps dissolve the bad stuff.

EDIT:
That was a reply to @overnightoats666