How tall is Forumosa? LOL

Believe it or not, that stuff actually is mayonnaise, except I think they put sugar in it. My ex’s aunt ran a breakfast shop, and they made it from scratch every day from eggs and vegetable oil (the cheap stuff, obviously, not Greek EVOO).

1 Like

I had high cholesterol before. Doc told me to take these pills and continue eating normally. I didn’t take the pills and went vegan. Two years later my LDL levels were so low the doctors in Taiwan couldn’t believe it and were all gathering around the computer thinking I must of done something wrong and it couldn’t have possibly gotten better from diet/exercise and NOT taking the pills they gave me.

Basically my LDL levels were the best they have ever seen and the doctors got BTFO and lost face. All from giving up eggs/meat/dairy.

RIP amino acids

1 Like

Yeah yeah.

Post your ldl level.

That’s really weird, because mayonnaise is an emulsion of egg and oil, and it’s white-yellowish, and not something semitransparent and apparently thick, jelly like.

My grandma’s cholesterol levels improved after she’d been eating Cheerios for breakfast for a while. They really work!

1 Like

LDL doesn’t correlate with disease risk. Google the research papers. Doctors like to measure LDL (in fact they just compute it - it’s not measured) because they can control it with statins. Unfortunately, reducing LDL that way (or in any other way) doesn’t have any impact on all-cause mortality.

HDL/triglycerides has some modest predictive power, but it’s not like having a crystal ball or anything.

Veganism isn’t just giving up meat/eggs/dairy: you must have changed a whole bunch of stuff to make it work. I’m not arguing that you can’t be healthy on a vegan diet: it’s doable (even though most vegans fail at it). It’s just not necessary.

:face_vomiting:

:rofl:

Poor bastard.

2 Likes

Uping her fiber intake from the Cheerios. She will literally shit out cholesterol.

I imagine it’s something to do with the cheap oil they use.

She’s doing pretty good so far…

Now your name makes sense. You don’t even cook them?!?

1 Like

This reminds me that I have to make yogurt cook some winter heavy meal next week. Cold come to me!

We can go back and forth posting shit on pubmed. IMO the reduction in dietary cholesterol helps prevent atherosclerosis and has impact of helping with all-cause mortality.

Post a video of the process or I just can’t believe that that jelly is just the outcome of mixing eggs and shitty oil.

You can think whatever you like. However even the statin manufacturers have given up pretending their products work that way.

Whichever way you look at it, cholesterol measurements are a surrogate marker for real-world outcomes, and you can measure the real-world stuff directly. My blood pressure, bodyfat, and cardiovascular performance is excellent, so clearly the saturated fats or whatever in my diet are not having the effect on me that popular superstition would suggest. How are those aspects working out for you?

I soak that shit overnight with some water/milk and chia seeds/almonds/whatever. It will make you take a good bonsai.

They taste wayyyy better than cooked if you left them soak overnight. Plus, a frugal cow like yourself could appreciate the shekels you can save on breakfast $$$

this message has been paid for by the Taiwan council of oats.

Sorry, this is from 15 years back :slight_smile:

Basically they just chucked it all in a stand mixer. Obviously, that was one particular breakfast shop and others might do something different.

I take it you exercise and work out?

They have done studies on arterial health of sedentary vegan that shows that they have better arterial health than marathon running standard American diet eaters.

If you hit the gym I would assume your overall health is fine, but you can’t outrun a bad diet.

Under no circumstances do I want miniature Japanese trees coming out of my bunghole! :open_mouth:

Way ahead of you. Oatmeal has been my daily breakfast for years. I do, however, cook it.