How tall is Forumosa? LOL

LOL. Try the overnight style one time. You won’t regret it.

I don’t know how to write 大便 in Taiwanese. I thought it was bon sai, bonzai?? Idk…

We have a vegan. Things should get lively.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LVgMKFhVrRE

I find this incredibly unlikely. A sedentary anyone will have weak muscles and a compromised cardiovascular system. “Use it or lose it” is pretty universal. Do you have a link to this paper?

If you’re suggesting my diet is bad, then clearly you CAN outrun a bad diet.

Seriously: I agree with you on this one. However, saturated fats are not what make a diet “bad”. Your body uses saturated fats as its primary energy-storage mechanism (palmitic acid, to be specific). The idea that saturated fats can simultanously be something that your body relies upon and something that kills you makes no sense. Same with cholesterol. Your body puts a lot of energy and effort into manufacturing it, so the idea that you somehow have to stop your body doing that or you’ll die strikes me as pretty illogical.

1 Like

It certainly explains a lot…

Go check out www.they.com

I’m not sure this is it. I just did a quick google. I’m sorry if it’s the wrong one, I’m quickly reading it right now.

EDIT: nvm, this is comparing vegan athletes.

That sounded repulsive. And I don’t think they have a better health than a normal eater who does marathons.

1 Like

they.com gives me a security warning on Chrome.

Hehe

Unfortunately, you have to pay for access to the paper, so I can’t really offer any constructive critique.

The vegan runners have abnormally low blood pressure that would be interpreted as a health risk.

is this some sort of private joke that only internet afficionados get? Like g.o.a.t.s.e?

We’re trying to have a grown-up discussion here, you know.

Incidentally, you didn’t have any constructive response to my breakdown of carb-fuelled diet costs.

I don’t want to venture to guess its gender.

1 Like

Don’t make me go double Ramsay, I might break the server…

It probably wouldn’t either. :sunglasses:

1 Like

At risk of offending several posters here including one that starts by G I will just call it… thing.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the Adventist Health Study 2?

Rice is a cheap source of carbs. It has uses if you needed the calories and carbs. A lot of athletes use it, especially bodybuilders and strongmen/powerlifters.

If I’m trying to fill 4500 calories, rice is my friend. It’s cheap and effective.

1 Like

Mildly interesting, but since the subjects have lifestyles that are different in almost all respects to the average American, it’s impossible to draw any specific conclusions from them.

1 Like