How tall is Forumosa? LOL

@overnightoats666 I only noticed that your nickname wasn’t about a satanic man becoming a (satanic) goat until you mentioned in this thread overnight oats. WTF is that??? it makes even less sense than “overnightgoat”.

1 Like

Overnight oats with overnight goat. That actually sounds pretty good.

1 Like

If you’re an average pot-bellied office drone, though, your energy requirements are somewhat different :slight_smile:

what exactly does he do with the goat overnight, and does that have some bearing on his health?

I would be concerned if he had ever said something about Allah.

Marinate it? Of course, “marinate” could have multiple meanings…

I think we both agree on activity levels begin the most important part of preventing all-cause mortality.

Can’t we draw some conclusion from the Adventist Study?

If you can’t live without rice like me. Either use brown rice, or mix brown rice in with white and add quinoa in together. Get that protein from quinoa. Brown rice has wayyyyy more nutrients and lower GI then white rice. It can be worth eating getting nutrients.

You have come to Forumosa by mistake , Finley. :grinning:
I tend to follow the money , regarding data. So many differing opinions, some with evidence, but because I remember the past so well, trends seem to be an influence.

Hence my thoughts…" Just because you are right, does not mean that I am wrong. You just have not seen life from my point of view."
I can not see a specific answer, just have to keep looking and reading.

1 Like

I’m a satanist who enjoys the delicious taste of oats. Oats are also the primary ingredient in all of my satanic rituals.

In fir tar is,
In oak none is,
In mud eels are,
In clay none are,
Goat eat ivy,
Mare eat oats.

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

Quinoa/brown rice master race checkin in. :hugs:

also did that for my breakfast when trying to loose weight…

1 Like

Marked solved. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

It’s really good. I actually like it. Sucks brown rice cost a bit more. It’s funny, it used to be only the rich can afford white rice and the peasants ate brown rice.

1 Like

Did you use water or milk?

I can’t give a like to something satanistic.

1 Like

Adventists are the chosen ones?

I think people lose sight of the wood for the trees. The list of things that are (supposedly) bad for you is now extremely long, and I find it incredibly implausible that foods humans have thrived on for millennia should suddenly turn out to be the worst possible things we can eat, and manufactured foods (margarine, for example) are super-healthy. It’s a bit like suggesting pandas are all allergic to bamboo and would be much healthier on a specially-formulated diet of squirrel testicles and teflon granules. It just doesn’t pass a basic sanity check.

Humans only seem to get really fat and ill with a very specific combination of mistakes. That combination is as follows:

• 80%+ of energy calories from refined starches, or products made from them;
  • elimination of all natural fats, and introduction of synthetic fats;
  • an impoverished variety of other foods, with excessive reliance on stuff extruded from a machine;
  • 4+ hours per day of inactivity.

There are shades of grey of course, but you hit that sweet spot and you’re headed for a very unpleasant middle age.

I agree to a large extent with @shiadoa that a lot of this is driven by money (and greed in general, including greed for power). Agriculture has always been a battlefield with producers on one side and city slickers on the other; the latter stand to benefit enormously from controlling the peasants. It just so happens that corn, soy, and their codependent industries are very, very profitable for those in the right places. A lot of scientists would not have careers if they couldn’t turn out reams of mindless nonsense about “nutrition”. Doctors and pharmaceutical companies benefit mightily from diseases that can’t be cured but can be “managed”.

TL;DR: there’s no such thing as an “ideal diet”. It’s bullshit. However, as noted above, there’s one specific diet that will mess you up, and it’s nothing to do with items like eggs, butter, meat, or whatever this week’s pronouncement is from the nutritional puritans.

3 Likes

Saw an interesting stat last night on a post in the “Today I Learned” subreddit.

What’s the evidence that butter will fuck you up ?

The peasants barely ate rice at all in Taiwan

In Taiwan farmers used to grow rice for cash. The Japanese would make them hand over 50% of the crop to them and they could keep the rest to sell (remember that when people say Japanese times were good take that with a massive pinch of salt…Japanese were not so nice to farmers and peasants …In fact they were kind of evil if they thought you were withholding rice. Also they would give you food but only if you went to school and didn’t speak the local language ).

I believe many farmers and their families ate fanshu (sweet potato ) , if they did eat rice they would usually dilute it to a watery gruel.

1 Like