How to change status of visa (visitor visa to resident visa): spouse from SEA or other designated countries

People in this association may know similar cases to yours, and how to do.

TransAsia Sisters Association, Taiwan
http://tasat.org.tw/enPage/294

南洋台灣姊妹會
http://tasat.org.tw/page/1/1

The objectives of the association are to provide a resource supporting network for the foreign spouses from the Southeast Asian countries married in Taiwan, protect their rights in the family, the society, at work, of education, in legal system, help them to integrate with the communities, enhance the Taiwanese understanding and appreciation of the histories and cultures of Southeast Asia, and collectively promote a multicultural society in Taiwan.

On their Chinese page, they show a similar case of a spouse from SEA who got a visa with 不得在臺改辦居留. They helped her to get a resident visa.

Their contacts

北部辦公室
02-29210565 |傳真 02-29217501 |
地址 234新北市永和區忠孝街15號1樓
tasat.taipei@gmail.com

南部辦公室
07-6830738 |傳真 07-6830733 |
地址 高雄市美濃區中正路二段761號
sisters.asso@msa.hinet.net

If you are from India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, or Bangladesh, you might need to get a visa from TECO in India, and visa run to Hong Kong might not work. Though it might work, if I were in your situation, I don’t expect an online poster from other countries like US, UK, HK, can give me a correct answer.

To know a sure answer, you or your husband should ask it to BOCA and NIA in Taiwan, preferably in Taipei. They often know the more accurate info than people in their other branches. You should confirm if you can get a visa from TECO in HK.

The procedure itself is explained in the already posted link.

if it is extendable, you might be able to get a visa without 不得在臺改辦居留 when you apply for an extension, and change it to resident visa.

Or, since your visa has a TS annotation, you might be able to change it to a resident visa at HK instead of India.

but, again, anything should be confirmed by Taiwanese government authority, not online people.

you are just behind, and not give up your studies at all, right? It is preferable you get your degree before you move to taiwan, but if not, you still should complete your study. Just having a degree could help a lot later in your life.

1 Like