How to get deported

That was the one who tried to break in? And screamed Help me Chen Shui bian when the police caught him?

1 Like

:smile: Bingo

No Japanese fell off the grid as hard as this guy.

1 Like

Anyway, itā€™s a shame they donā€™t give him amnesty after this long. Ridiculous and shameful for whoever was the empty suit that approved this petty action.

1 Like

Health care costs.

Then they should outlaw betelnut already.

But no, letā€™s deport the senile Japanese guy instead. Thatā€™ll solve itā€¦ :disappointed:

I doubt health care costs due to betel nut diseases are higher than dementia. Anything that kills people early is generally less expensive than senility and other age related problems.

Cancer treatment cost a small fortune. More than assisted living, Iā€™d wager. But Iā€™m also looking at from a moral POV, which I know is a stance the NIA is probably unfamiliar with.

Dementiaā€™s more expensive than anything else.

The guy canā€™t speak Chinese. Heā€™s better off in Japan. It will be less frightening for him as he becomes increasingly demented.

I wonder why he hid himself away in the countryside for so long. I guess no one will ever know now that even he himself has forgotten.

What was he running fromā€¦

1 Like

Ask Dr Heidi Lee :rofl:

He wouldnā€™t have hidden out, he just didnā€™t annoy anyone. My guess is he recently did something that annoyed someone.

Why did he do it? Probably a Japanese thing.

If heā€™s 82 now he was in his mid-forties when he came over. Maybe he had some sort of mid-life crisis. Couldnā€™t bear the idea of ever working another day as a salaryman or something. Or maybe heā€˜s a fugitive.

Itā€™ll be mental health issues. The locals ignored him up to the point where he became an irritant and then grassed him up - on account of him having been here for 36 years and not being able to communicate.

Probably so. Thatā€™s sad, especially considering how poorly mental health is handled in these parts of the world. I guess theyā€™ll just throw him in the nuthouse.

Itā€™s a government agency. By the book so they donā€™t affect their retirement pensions. Each department seems to be the same. Compassion not required. Brain not required.

2 Likes

Probably. However, which country would willingly pay the health care cost in such a situation? While also dealing with any future precedent?

I edited the word taiwanese out. Itā€™s all government agencies worldwideā€¦ I would normally not have sympathy for an illegal but a guy with dementia? They could have made a one time override

One time overrides can come back to haunt you.

Wouldnā€™t it be cruel to force a guy with dementia to live in a country where he canā€™t speak the language? As opposed to treating him in his home country?

Quite a lot of left leaning countries would let him stay anyway.

1 Like