How to get Permanent Residence as a NWOHR passport holder?

Then there are not that many opportunities. Basically what @Marco listed, plus possibly work at your embassy or with a bit of luck something in the tourism sector.

A few newfangled career paths such as YouTuber or instagrammer, but those don’t get you a work permit, at least not as long as you can’t monetize them to the extend to start a company and sponsor yourself.

Where do you recommend to learn mandarin? Good price, good teaching, in Taipei?

Don’t go to NTNU. That’s for sure. They only care about money and won’t teach important things.

One question:
Can you switch from ARC to TARC? I guess the answer it´s pretty obvious.

For example: If I´m NWOHR, but I don´t find any chance to get a reason to apply for TARC. Therefore I leave the country and enter with a student visa to enroll in chinese classes in order to get an open work permit after 1 year.

With that work permit, is it possible to apply for TARC?

Can a NWOHR enroll in military service to get TW citizenship?

How would you get a work permit after 1 year by enrolling in Chinese classes?

No.

I think he is referring to getting a work permit as a second year of being a degree student. Don’t know if you can do that on Chinese classes alone though.

The NWOHR passport alone is completely useless. It doesn’t allow anything. If you don’t qualify for a TARC then there is no reason to get the NWOHR passport.

But I read oversea chinese can enroll in military service

I´m not sure, but it implies to quit your first citizenship.

Where?

Can you upload that whole booklet for us here?

1 Like

Interesting, so people who are recognized by OCAC as being overseas Chinese and have returned to Taiwan can serve in the military without having a ROC ID.
I found this article with the same title as the booklet on a district government’s website:
https://www.yonghe.ntpc.gov.tw/home.jsp?id=15da1204bfab3d93

Do you have an Overseas Compatriot Identity Certificate issued by OCAC OCAC.R.O.C.(Taiwan) – Application for Overseas Compatriot Identity Certificate or is your NWOHR passport endorsed as you being overseas Chinese?
If not, I don’t think you can serve in the military now.
Even if you were eligible and did serve in the military, I don’t think it will help you get citizenship. You need to meet eligibility criteria for a TARC.

Please do upload that whole booklet though.

Quitting your nationality is one

I have some slipped discs in my back and cannot lift heavy objects for a long time. I wonder if that would qualify for an exemption

Ok, I went to the university to check if I can enroll in mandarin classes and get residence. And they confirmed it´s not possible. Only foreigners who applied for study visa can get in that process. NWOHR can pay the course, but won´t getting residence neither work permit.

Does NWOHR passport holder under 20 years old can register at parent House Registration? I will receive my NWOHR this February, I’m still 18, can my dad register for me under his address and I change it to the Housedhold Registered Passport?

you are already 18, so under the current law, cannot. it is just for minors. you should stay in Taiwan for a year.

A draft to amend that part to remove the restriction by age, was just sent to regislative yuan.

added
the above might not be clear.

you can change it to the Housedhold Registered Passport, but have to be in Taiwan for a year on TARC to do so.

Maybe there is some really old guy who works deep inside the catacombs of the NIA, knows the regulations inside and out, has all the right answers and all you need to do is bump into him on his early morning walk.