How to get rid of a huntsman spider

I hit it with a broom… even if it moves fast the broom hair catches it and squishes it nice.

I’m sorry but I rather have roaches than those damn things. At least roaches aren’t venomous.

Why would you eat spiders or cockroaches?

Sorry, but I rather have cockroaches in my house than those!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u93jSjd2sX8

1 Like

If you feed him enough maybe he’ll fetch beers for you. :idunno:

Amen.

But keeping your house super clean so that they have nothing to come in for its probably best.

It only works to a point because I seen cockroaches come into a pristine house… and if you want it really clean you have to clean every corner, hidden space, because even if there’s a spill behind a counter that you didn’t know about, well the roaches go for that too.

russian%20cat%20meme
This Russian cat, or the one from Mouse Hunt would probably take care of the spiders for you. Might take care of you as well, but no spiders.

1am. Guess how I found out the spider has reproduced in my home?

RzsYUIg

2 Likes

Omg I just did battle with a big ass huntsman spider. It was missing several legs but it was still fast as SHIT. I don’t know how I’m gonna sleep now. My adrenaline is through the roof.

I have several jumping spiders in my home that I permit because they patrol the walls and windowsill for bugs, but a huntsman is just too big and intrusive and frightening of a roommate for me to tolerate.

What I wanna know is…what took its legs off, and is that still in my house?? :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

What took it’s legs off was an even bigger alpha huntsman.

Give me yr addy and I’ll come round and deal with him. Bears ain’t afraid of no spiders no time.

Failing that smear lots of tiger balm on your extremities.

2 Likes

If you do not have a cat, I hope you have good reflexes… do you want me to lend you a cat or two?

We haven’t had any further incidents here…That I know of, even though there were baby huntsman around. TBH, the younger cats seem good hunters. I do feel for the geckos.

I just got the 2 month old kitten…

Now I’m seeing more baby huntsman spider. I don’t know if it’s because the cat drew it out? But since the cat is new in the house, maybe he needs time to get them all.

But cats are REALLY effective in getting rid of pests… like in the past within a few months of having a cat all the bugs are gone (except ones too small to catch the cat’s attention).

But make sure you aren’t getting those expensive purebred kittens from stores. They’re really useless for pest control. Get cats that used to be strays… I wonder if Animals Taiwan has a working cats program?

2 Likes

Glad to hear you got the one. And that his on teh job performace is so effective. However, he may get lonely. If he is doing the job so well, imagine what 2 can do!

As part of teh bonding process, teh cat will present gifts to you in form of what he has hunted. Thsi is a way to thank you for taling him in, feeding him and being a good master. Ultimate goal is to leave the bloody corpse of your enemies on youir bed, so you can sleep in peace.

I’m sure the cats were gratified by your shrieks of delight.

Time to revisit my fav post?

1 Like

I’m not sure my shop is big enough for 2 cats… right now one kitten is a bit to handle and how do I pair up a cat and not have you know, cat fights?

They play, they jump, they spend energy…which otherwise would be spent on you.

I will never ever go to Australia.

1 Like

3 Likes