How to get rid of a huntsman spider

Just be prepared for karma.

Im sad yall dont like the huntsman spiderā€¦ i had 2 massive ones in my house when i lived in Australia, now in Taiwan i havent had one come into my house yet but i keep a few small jumping spiders and daddy long legs. Theyre awesome, roaches and midges regret coming to my house.

I have a psycho cat who eats roaches. I donā€™t need another 8 legged freak doing it.

2 Likes

WTF your cat eats roaches? thatā€™s the first time i ever heard of that :joy:

1 Like

my cat did; also, check the roaches thread:

2 Likes

wowā€¦ i have a newfound respect (grossness?) towards cats now

cats love murder, itā€™s well documented that even well-fed house cats will kill for sport

yea i know about cats ripping up rodents for fun but never knew theyd eat roaches o.O that is actually pretty useful. shame i already have a hyper sensitive dog that barks at every cat it sees so i cant get one

I either leave em in peace or humanely remove them using the trap n release technique. On the off chance this isnā€™t obvious to everyone, the technique for catching a spider, cockroach or other ferocious beast is as follows.

1.Wait until heā€™s on a flat surface such as a floor or wall (or get him onto a flat surface by nudging him with a stick, or with verbal threats or blandishments).

2.Take a glass, cup, container, bowl, preferably transparent and preferably with a large mouth for ease of catching, and trap him under the receptacle against the flat surface.

1. Insert something thin and flat, more rigid than paper but not too thick, e.g. thin cardboard, a glossy brochure, between the lip of the receptacle and the surface, covering the mouth of the container completely and thereby taking him into secure custody.

2. Depending on where you live in Taiwan, walk 5km to the nearest tree or shrub and release him.

I have deported countless spiders, cockroaches etc over the years using this technique.

if it doesnā€™t kill cockroaches, it seems you made the wrong choice!

iā€™ve also used it on bats, with empty coffee cans

My cats dismember birds with gusto. Bloody trail of guts and feathers is all that is leftā€¦plus a mangled cadaver somewhere for me to find when it starts stinking up the placeā€¦

Same with geckos. One lonely cicada. No ratsā€¦so farā€¦

But roachesā€¦ nooooooo. That is beneath them. Maybe follow them, but eat them or play with them? Nope.

I prefer deporting spiders to the afterlife.

1 Like

its ok i prefer killing roaches myself with my barehands and barefeet, its more personal that way

1 Like

The huntsman spiders are back. Sigh. Friggin summer.

What do these hp spiders have against me doing laundry?!?!

It must love you and/or your fashion. :spider::heart:

It is a well-known fact that Huntsman spiders promote health, wealth and sexiness. They wonā€™t bite unless you try and bite them (if anyone out there is having thoughts about biting a spider, please seek help).

2 Likes

Does anyone want a very clean, very dry huntsman spider cadaver? Itā€™s been washed twice.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This one does not look like a huntsman. It is flickering its pincers. And it is huge.

It might have laid eggs, just burn down the building

2 Likes