Huayu Enrichment Scholarship 2014-2015

Hi everyone,
I am also a UK applicant and I haven’t received any emails either; neither from BACS or Olivia. :s

US applicant, just had my interview for the Taiwan Scholarship and not feeling confident at all :frowning: Does anyone know of other scholarship sources?

[quote=“blackmirror”]]I understood that email to mean they will begin contacting us this week regarding whether we’ve been successful or not. I’m guessing you applied for the 12 month scholarship too, jolinstan? The way I read it, it seemed like she was saying the people who applied for 12 months would be contacted first as they would still have to go through the telephone interview process.
Nev, did you receive the email from the BACS coordinator saying they’d received your application?[/quote]

That’s cool. I wonder when we’ll receive our acceptance/rejection notices then. Yeah I applied for the 12 month, hopefully will be starting at NTU in August

Thankfully I’ve been given an interview, scheduled it for tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well :slight_smile:

[quote=“blackmirror”]Hi.
I’ve also applied for the HES scholarship through BACS and I’ve had two emails so far. One from the BACS coordinator confirming they had received my application, and the email that jolinstan mentioned from Olivia.

[quote=“jolinstan”]does this mean whether we are offered the scholarship, or simply confirming she’ll have an answer as to when we’ll have the tel interview?
[/quote]I understood that email to mean they will begin contacting us this week regarding whether we’ve been successful or not. I’m guessing you applied for the 12 month scholarship too, jolinstan? The way I read it, it seemed like she was saying the people who applied for 12 months would be contacted first as they would still have to go through the telephone interview process.
Nev, did you receive the email from the BACS coordinator saying they’d received your application?[/quote]

I’ve been in contact with Olivia today. Apparently, one of my reference either wasn’t submitted to the right address or has been lost. They’ve had my application filed under 'incomplete. I’ve contacted the secretary at BACS to try and resolve this issue but both my referees have assured me they submitted their references to the correct email. :ponder:

I don’t really know what’s happened but I hope something can be done about it.

Still no word from Western Canada office. I hope that they will notify us if we do not get the scholarship as well. I’m finished university already so I’m not sure if I have a chance of getting it. I know that some scholarships are reserved for certain universities. I’m going to MTC at NTNU either way but it would be nice not to have more student debt :slight_smile:

[quote=“Nev”][quote=“blackmirror”]Hi.
I’ve also applied for the HES scholarship through BACS and I’ve had two emails so far. One from the BACS coordinator confirming they had received my application, and the email that jolinstan mentioned from Olivia.

[quote=“jolinstan”]does this mean whether we are offered the scholarship, or simply confirming she’ll have an answer as to when we’ll have the tel interview?
[/quote]I understood that email to mean they will begin contacting us this week regarding whether we’ve been successful or not. I’m guessing you applied for the 12 month scholarship too, jolinstan? The way I read it, it seemed like she was saying the people who applied for 12 months would be contacted first as they would still have to go through the telephone interview process.

I’ve been in contact with Olivia today. Apparently, one of my reference either wasn’t submitted to the right address or has been lost. They’ve had my application filed under 'incomplete. I’ve contacted the secretary at BACS to try and resolve this issue but both my referees have assured me they submitted their references to the correct email. :ponder:

I don’t really know what’s happened but I hope something can be done about it.[/quote]

I’ve also been in contact with Olivia and apparently my references were submitted but my application wasn’t which I definitely sent!

All those who applied to the TECRO Washington DC office should be hearing a response this week :slight_smile:

Are there any other applicants through the Chicago office? Have any of you had interviews, or know when we’ll hear back?

Good luck everyone. I know someone in the DC region who has heard back.

I will be studying at Ming Chuan university! Has anyone been called for an interview from their respective missions? Well I just did + when are the Huayu recipient gonna be notified please urgent response?

I was told by May 30th, I’m in the Texas region.

Guys in the UK we should have found out today from Olivia, I’ve been offered the 6 month scholarship so yay!! Wish it was the one year but 6 months is still fantastic. Taipei here I come!!

Would anyone mind sharing the type of questions we can expect from an interview? Or if the interview is held in Mandarin or English?

In English

Congrats to you over here nothing from the office

Tell me bout yourself and why you apply for the scholarship…? What do you plan to achieve from this program I think that’s all I got during mine and the advice for me to stay off trouble when in Taiwan…and yes in English

Tell me bout yourself and why you apply for the scholarship…? What do you plan to achieve from this program I think that’s all I got during mine and the advice for me to stay off trouble when in Taiwan…and yes in English[/quote]

Thanks!

Whoop whoop!!! My friend just had the 6months scholarship he applied for am so happy for him…hoping to here from them for my 4years scholarship! :slight_smile:

Still nothing from the Office in Greece, nothing on their website too. The lady responsible for the scholarship doesn’t even answer my e-mail… Nice

Hey bulgarianguy I strongly suggest you call to know what’s up I. Just did myself