Hypocritical "family value" Republicans

His calves are bigger than his thighs – something I haven’t seen since Popeye.

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Well, at least he didn cheat on his wife while she was dying of cancer. Oh, wait a sec. If he did that, he might be like John Edwards. :laughing: Of course, he woud also have to preen his hair for minutes and minutes on end.

What Ensign did was wrong, but what Edwards did was sickening. And the Dims thought this guy was VP material? :laughing:[/quote]
You :laughing: must :laughing: be :laughing: thinking :laughing: of :laughing: John :laughing: McCain. :laughing:

What McCain did was sickening. :laughing:

And the Repugs though this guy was POTUS material? :roflmao:

[quote]McCain likes to illustrate his moral fibre by referring to his five years as a prisoner-of-war in Vietnam. And to demonstrate his commitment to family values, the 71-year-old former US Navy pilot pays warm tribute to his beautiful blonde wife, Cindy, with whom he has four children.

But there is another Mrs McCain who casts a ghostly shadow over the Senator’s presidential campaign. She is seldom seen and rarely written about, despite being mother to McCain’s three eldest children.

And yet, had events turned out differently, it would be she, rather than Cindy, who would be vying to be First Lady. She is McCain’s first wife, Carol, who was a famous beauty and a successful swimwear model when they married in 1965.

She was the woman McCain dreamed of during his long incarceration and torture in Vietnam’s infamous ‘Hanoi Hilton’ prison and the woman who faithfully stayed at home looking after the children and waiting anxiously for news.

But when McCain returned to America in 1973 to a fanfare of publicity and a handshake from Richard Nixon, he discovered his wife had been disfigured in a terrible car crash three years earlier. Her car had skidded on icy roads into a telegraph pole on Christmas Eve, 1969. Her pelvis and one arm were shattered by the impact and she suffered massive internal injuries.

When Carol was discharged from hospital after six months of life-saving surgery, the prognosis was bleak. In order to save her legs, surgeons had been forced to cut away huge sections of shattered bone, taking with it her tall, willowy figure. She was confined to a wheelchair and was forced to use a catheter.

Through sheer hard work, Carol learned to walk again. But when John McCain came home from Vietnam, she had gained a lot of weight and bore little resemblance to her old self.

Today, she stands at just 5ft4in and still walks awkwardly, with a pronounced limp. Her body is held together by screws and metal plates and, at 70, her face is worn by wrinkles that speak of decades of silent suffering.

For nearly 30 years, Carol has maintained a dignified silence about the accident, McCain and their divorce. But last week at the bungalow where she now lives at Virginia Beach, a faded seaside resort 200 miles south of Washington, she told The Mail on Sunday how McCain divorced her in 1980 and married Cindy, 18 years his junior and the heir to an Arizona brewing fortune, just one month later.

dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic … ehind.html[/quote]

Newt Gingrich.[/quote]

Rudi Ghouliani, aka Rudi 9ui/1an1.

Anyone surprises by this state of affairs (no pun) is either wilfully blind or wilfully ignorant.

hehasnomandate.org/republica … rimes.html
democraticunderground.com/di … ss=358x814
armchairsubversive.org/
republicanoffenders.com/

Aren’t we forgetting some of the stellar Dems over the years?

Ted Kennedy basically murdered a pregnant woman in a car and sandwiched a poor working class waitress with Chris Dodd and he is still revered by the Democrats.

Former Rep. Gerry Studds. He was censured for sexual relationship with underage male page in 1983. Massachusetts voters returned him to office for six more terms.

Former Rep. Mel Reynolds. The Illinois Democrat was convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16-year-old. President Bill Clinton pardoned him before leaving office.

Rep. Barney Frank. The outspoken Massachusetts Democrat hired a male prostitute who ran a prostitution service from Frank’s residence in the 1980s. Only two Democrats in the House of Representatives voted to censure him in 1990.

Former Sen. Brock Adams. The late Washington Democrat was forced to stop campaigning after numerous accusations of drugging, assault and rape, the first surfacing in 1988.

Former Rep. Fred Richmond. This New York Democrat was arrested in 1978 for soliciting sex from a 16-year-old. He remained in Congress and won re-election—before eventually resigning in 1982 after pleading guilty to tax evasion and drug possession.

Former Rep. John Young. The late Texas Democrat increased the salary of a staffer after she gave in to his sexual advances. The congressman won re-election in 1976 but lost two years later.

Former Rep. Wayne Hays. The late Ohio Democrat hired an unqualified secretary reportedly for sexual acts. Although he resigned from Congress, the Democratic House leadership stalled in removing him from the Administration Committee in 1976.

Look at this website. The Republicans still have a ways to go before they sink down the Dims level.

And this list doesn’t even incude political aides or cabinet sex scandals. Sumner Welles chasing African-American porters in the South after Speaker Bankhead’s funeral. LBJ’s aide Walter Jenkins enjoying the bathrooms of the YMCA…

Sure, there have been plenty of scumbags among the ranks of the Democratic Party.

But the Democrats didn’t anoint themselves the party of perfect virtue and morality. It’s not the Democrats who are going around saying that gays are the spawn of Satan while cruising men’s rooms in parks and airports.

Personally, I don’t give a rat’s ass whether a politician has an affair, hires a prostitute, or indulges in gay liaisons in the local park. That’s none of my business. What I find objectionable is the [color=#FF0000]hypocrisy[/color]: those who say “Thou shalt not…uh, but oh, I’m making a little exception for myself.” (Note the title of the thread).

Well said Chris. And I wonder about Chewycorn’s list, doesn’t have Ensign or Craig on it.

He does, however, quote the Daily Mail weekly women’s supplement. :roflmao:

And the thing about Kennedy is that he keeps getting re-elected! The people of Massachusetts have clearly spoken. They would rather have a cowardly murderer with brain cancer than a Republican.

California republicans would rather have an actor imitate one of his roles and kill the entire state. Republicans elected a Texas governor who signed the execution papers for a man who he knew to be innocent, Cameron Todd Willingham, and it wasn’t George Bush (140+ executions) So what’s your point?

And if wrongful deaths and deaths caused by drunk drivers bothers you, did Laura Bush’s killing of her boyfriend cause you consternation, that George Bush shouldn’t have been elected?

This is what Chris was talking about, the old “IOKIYAR” rule. [color=#DCE1E5](“It’s OK if you’re a republican.”)[/color] Rather than address the issue, some people want to say, “They did it too!” as if that absolves those in question of any responsibility.

I should have done it like this:

Who would be more likely to win the Massachusetts Senate seat against any Republican opponent?
A. Ted Kennedy
B. Caroline Kennedy
C. A can of tuna fish
D. All of the above

And the answer is obvious.

The only way the Republicans could create a list like that was by massively leaving out Republicans from it, just another sign of their massive and continuous dishonesty with regards to their record in office. The best way to solve America’s dependance upon fossil fuels would be to wrap Abraham Lincoln’s body in copper wire and set it between a pair of magnets.

Absolutely amazing to see Duke Cunningham left of a list of Republican politicians who have been convicted of taking bribes? I mean, he set the record that beat all previous bribery amounts for serving American politicians. Cunningham only makes it on the list for “miscellaneous bad boy” behavior, but not for the list of guys with jail time? Bob Ney didn’t even make the list? Delay’s chief of staff Tom Rudy or even Tom Delay, himself? All the rest of that Jack Abramoff crew? Ted Stevens of Alaska?

For sexual peccadilos, sex with minors, there seems to be a whole lot of missing info. No Mark Foley? No Ted Klaudt? No Craig? Or even special Bush-era presidential religious advisor Ted Haggard, on the phone with W. every single week – after all that rough sex with meth dealers, he was again recently caught out for non-consensual sex with a kid at his church.

The “historical” view that Dems were worse than Republicans is also bullcrap. Somehow the massive corruption of the Warren Harding and Sam Grant presidencies is ignored in their effort to provide a bogus account of how the Republicans have been twice as morally superior to Democrats. Or even how McKinley presided over a Spanish-American War in which our troops were given rotten tinned meat that had probably been in storage since the Civil War. I’ve personally seen part of the 1898 biscuit rations in a museum I once worked at – as of that time it was clear that nothing could spoil something so inedible that mold, bacteria and mice already knew would only damage their health.

The Republicans had one period of great glory – back when Abraham Lincoln was president the Republicans were clearly in the right and the Democrats were clearly in the wrong. When the Democratic leadership made a conscious decision in favor of the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act, Johnson was sure that this was costing him the South for at least a generation. And with Truman’s integation of the military in the late 40’s, of course the Dixiecrats started to make their walk over to the Republican side. What is a complete shame, however, is that in the nearly 159 years since the GOP was founded the Republicans decided to jump at the votes of exactly the sort of black-hating racists that were abandoning the Democratic Party. In doing so, they chose to pander to exactly the sorts of “states rights” Confederate slave-whupping assholes that their party had been created to beat.

And so now we find ourselves in the present day, and Chewy’s pushing a bogus list that makes statistical claims that simply aren’t backed by anything - and which have clearly absent GOP scandals. Chewy, I simply don’t buy what you’re peddling. You’ll have to do better.

[quote=“mofangongren”]Bob Ney didn’t even make the list? Delay’s chief of staff Tom Rudy or even Tom Delay, himself? All the rest of that Jack Abramoff crew? Ted Stevens of Alaska?

For sexual peccadilos, sex with minors, there seems to be a whole lot of missing info. No Mark Foley? No Ted Klaudt? No Craig? Or even special Bush-era presidential religious advisor Ted Haggard, on the phone with W. every single week – after all that rough sex with meth dealers, he was again recently caught out for non-consensual sex with a kid at his church.[/quote]
David Vitter’s not on the list either, for that matter. The glaring omission of these high-profile bad boys people shows that the list is a cherry-picked sham.

Except cheap tabloids. The pablum about Kennedy and Dodd discredited the “list” from the get go.

Except cheap tabloids. The pablum about Kennedy and Dodd discredited the “list” from the get go.[/quote]

You’ve never heard of the La Brasserie story? Read up my friend. nymag.com/nymetro/news/politics/ … ures/2165/

Face it, Ted Kennedy’s America is a land in which working class waitresses would be grabbed, fondled, and sandwiched as they try and make a honest day’s pay :laughing: , nanny’s would be treated as indentured servants, pregnant campaign workers would be allowed to be drowned in cars, police forces would be coerced into not pressing charges due to political pressures, anti-Semitic fathers would be allowed to make prejudiced remarks, writers and artists would be given billions of dollars to produce toilet art, and activist judges would be able to legislate from the bench.

And in the Republican version of America, poor waitresses would be relentlessly screwed by Republicans determined to give tax breaks to the top 1% wealthy.

In the Republican version of America, nannies and, in fact, any form of quality childcare in general, would be something exclusively for the wealthy to obtain. Because of the Republican aversion to any form of reasonable regulation, of course the Republican version of America would require children to be made available for molesters. We already know that the top-level leadership of the Republican party was made aware of Mark Foley’s predatory efforts in going after underage Congressional pages and that they did nothing for three whole election cycles because of their desire to ensure child-predators receive free and uninhibited access to children. Less government interference in the “privates sector” was Hastert’s mantra.

And in the Republican version of America, pregnant campaign workers will be kept back on the sex farms to service Newt Gingrich and Rob Barr and certainly not allowed to travel by car or other conveyances without supervision. Non-campaign workers who happen to be pregnant will be also prohibited from drowning because they will be required to wear head-to-foot inflatable burkas by Republican evangelical churches.

In the Republican version of America, political pressures will be used for ensuring that our phone calls are listened to without warrant or reason, and that detainees are arrested without charges, tortured by Americans, then flown to mideast dungeons to be tortured for additional months.

And in the Republican version, anyone with any questions about America’s relationship with Israel will be shut the f*ck up with extreme prejudice before they even open their mouths. Because how else can the GOP ensure that no “prejudiced” remarks can every be said except to take action before the remarks are even made.

And in the Republican version, those “billions of dollars” (no artist actually receives billions) would be better spent on giving tax breaks to America’s billionaires to help ensure the creation of an entrenched aristocratic class of the sort that would have made Andrew Jackson vomit.

And as has been shown by popular Republican talk-show hosts, like Hal Turner, in a Republican world it’s fine to shout encouragement to skinheads to go murder judges handling cases involving their Aryan Nation brethren.

Yeah, I figured you’d have difficulty finishing that thought because so far the Bushbots have mostly been good for offering advice that screws up America. I also figured you’d go back and erase it, so I hope you don’t mind I’ve preserved it.

America is a better place when government doesn’t stick its nose into every bedroom, living room or study to boss average Americans around while inconsistently insisting on being completely hands-off when it comes to people who abuse our rules and laws regarding worker safety, the protection of our environment and the functioning of our financial system. We already had 8 year of crony capitalism under the Bushies, and we’ve now got the legacy of that – 2 wars they mismanaged and did everything possible to lose, thousands of wounded vets getting shit care in rat-invested hospitals, an economy in the shitter, and a monster-sized public debt based on a policy of the Bush government essentially borrowing money from the Chinese to give to the richest 1% billionaires.

[quote=“mofangongren”]
because of the Republican aversion to any form of reasonable regulation [/quote]
You should know better MFGR. Republicans aren’t against regulation per se. They are for streamlining it, for reforming it, and for making it more efficient. And frankly, with the bloated bureaucracy the Democrats created with the New Deal, Fair Deal, Great Society, or whatever you want to call these dependency programs, and the lawyers (mostly Democrats) that want to complicate things as much as possible in drafting it , let’s be glad that the Republicans haven’t regulated as much.

[quote]
And in the Republican version, those “billions of dollars” (no artist actually receives billions) would be better spent on giving tax breaks to America’s billionaires to help ensure the creation of an entrenched aristocratic class of the sort that would have made Andrew Jackson vomit. [/quote]

Who do Andrew’s Jackson’s people vote for today? :laughing: Who do the Scots-Irish support? Overwhelmingly they vote Republican because today the Republicans are the party that represent Jacksonian democracy. :bow: The Scots Irish are deeply patriotic, having consistently supported every war America has fought, and intensely opposed to gun control. If Jackson were alive today, he’s deeply resent the eastern establishment that shows its disdain to the values of Middle America on a daily basis just as he disliked the John Quincy Adams type of elitism in the 1820s…Elitism centred from Massachusetts…not much has changed has it? No sir, it hasn’t.

Chewy, as long as you’re posting up crap like that vastly incomplete list of politicians, I can’t say you have much credibility for speaking for the American Republican underground movement. Perhaps you could get Fred Smith to ghostwrite for you for a while? Not that his facts would be any better… :laughing:

As to what fans of Andrew Jackson or Abraham Lincoln would be thinking, I have only mentioned them because many conservative thinkers have indicated their appreciation for both these presidents. If Lincoln ever saw the current status of the Republican party, he’d be rolling in his grave, and if he saw how much Republican policies had been based around entrenching and making permanent the wealth and power of a select few, Andrew Jackson would vomit.

The Republicans and their fellow travelers like to pretend that the Democrats are a bunch of “elites” without specifying what sort. Sure, there are Dems who have gone to top-notch universities, but the Jacksonian beef was not with generations of Americans getting better and better educated (check out how he let Col. Johnson handle the issue of 7-days-a-week postal delivery) but with concentrations of power – particularly the creation of American aristocrats that puts the power of entrenched financial and political dynasties into the hands of only a few. And that, in this modern era, is exactly what the Republican Party has been about.

And another Repub. presidential hopeful bites the dust.

All that hard work screwing over people suffering from the recession in South Carolina in order to suck up to wing-nuts in the primaries… gone to waste.

Oh, and it looks like he might have been doing some of his partying down Buenos Aires way on the taxpayer’s dime.

Sanford probably won’t show up on Chewy’s bogus list, but I got the full scoop for ya here…

[quote]Sanford: "“I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night’s light – but hey, that would be going into sexual details …”

Earlier, “Maria” – whose full name has not yet been released – also proclaimed her devotion in a July 9 e-mail.

“You are my love … something hard to believe even for myself as it’s also a kind of impossible love, not only because of distance but situation,” she wrote. “Sometimes you don’t choose things, they just happen … I can’t redirect my feelings and I am very happy with mine towards you.”[/quote]

edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06 … or.emails/

The interesting thing is the use of euphemisms in the Sanford matter:

The “stimulus battle”!?! Looks like Sanford was simply looking for more stimulus than he was supposed to have.

Apparently “projects” is Republican slang for orifices.

It might look like a fountain pen, but that’s definitely not ink. But to be fair to the main, Sanford did manage to plan out the first three scenes of the porn-movie script he’s been working on. Phil Gramm is rumored to be investing in the project.